|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Emerging Marking Corporate Bonds Research team for Emerging Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEEMEA region) analyzes companies and makes investment recommendations to existing and potential bond investors. Our work involves meeting managements at these companies, understanding their strategy, analyzing financial statements, identifying risks and opportunities, valuing bonds and finally, synthesizing all of this in the form of OVERWEIGHT, UNDERWEIGHT or NEUTRAL recommendations in our research reports.
Our team is looking for a senior credit analyst to cover metals & mining, telecom and industrial sectors. As senior analyst, you will develop a strong understanding of these sectors and be the ‘go to’ credit analyst for external and internal clients involved in bonds issued by companies operating in these sectors.
JP Morgan has one of the most well established emerging market corporate research franchises globally. Our extensive EM research coverage complements the bank’s significant credit trading and debt capital market operations.
Although this is a VP level position, depending upon the candidate, we can hire at Executive Director and Associate levels as well.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills. Specifically:
- You need to have sufficient background and experience in analysing companies. Please note that this is a senior analyst position and we will not be training you for this role. You need to come ‘pre-trained’ and ‘pre-experienced’. You may be credit analyst on the sell or buy-side, an equities analyst, or a banker in a relevant area such as leveraged finance;
- You need to be interested in and curious about emerging markets;
- You need to have strong credit analysis skills/experience (equity analyst experience also works);
- You need to have a keen interest in financial analysis and modelling;
- You need to be inquisitive, detail-oriented and persistent;
- You need to have the drive to be ranked #1 in what you are covering;
- You need to have the desire to learn about issuers, markets and products;
- You need to be good at financial accounting;
- You need to be very good in written and oral communication – we write a lot and talk a lot in this role. Our communication needs to be clear, concise and impactful;
- You need to be strong in the use of Excel and Power Point;
- CFA is a plus.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities. such activities.