|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating a positive human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
As a Front-End Engineer (NodeJS, React):
- You'll be working as part of a larger team who are collectively responsible for delivering functioning solutions to our clients.
- You'll have the support of experienced professionals within the team, who can give you guidance and help you make decisions.
- You will have responsibility for owning and delivering on specific tasks, being the design authority and accountable for creating solutions.
- You'll be a trusted member of the team, and you'll be empowered to move things forward on your own steam.
- You may also be expected coach more junior analysts in the team, working with them to build their expertise.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience in NodeJS
- Experience in user interface design and development using React.js or Angular
- Experience working in agile development teams where you're applying development practices such as:
- Agile sprints
- TDD and/or BDD approaches
- Experience working alongside others in the team to develop design, elaborate user stories and deliver estimates during story pointing
- An understanding of scalability, high availability and disaster recovery requirements
- Experience developing solutions in the cloud, developing code using CI/CD tools, and experience in microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation is not essential but desirable
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.