|Job Type:||Full Time|
Vaultex is the UK’s leading cash processing company with sites nationwide. As a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC, we process in excess of £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and customers, adhering to standards set by the Bank of England and the Note Circulation Scheme. If laid end-to-end, the note inflow we process would stretch to the moon and back!
Our mission to deliver best-in-class integrated cash management is underpinned by pinpoint accuracy and the design of bespoke solutions for our customers. As an award-winning employer focused on enabling on-going professional development and a healthy work-life balance, we believe in giving our staff a career and not just a job.
Learn more about us at: https://vaultexuk.com/about-us/
This is a new and exciting role working in our Development Team. We’re looking for someone who with usable development experience writing code (either commercially or open source) and wants to gain experience and grow as a professional.
To give you an idea of what you’ll be doing, here’s some of the projects/technologies we’re currently working on:
- Responsive customer focussed web applications powered by React, .NET Core
- ReST based APIs for internal and external customers
- Data integration with the latest versions of SQL Server
- Getting insights into our data using be it with tools such as Kibana, SQL, MDX –the best tool for the job.
- Maintain and extend existing features, and collaborate with the development team to spec, design and build features end-to-end.
- Learn from the team, and learn new tooling, languages and practices in an Enterprise environment.
- Estimate and deliver software solutions within agreed time and budget.
- Work with customers to ensure software solutions are documented, tested and meet stated requirements.
- Consistently deliver accurate and high quality solutions to enable the company to continue to become more effective and successful through technology.
- Understand and adopt software quality standards, tooling, and best practices.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and how they can be used to provide solutions to business problems
- Provide ongoing support to existing solutions.
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status. As such, we have a great range of benefits, which include:
- A generous company pension- all employees are auto-enrolled onto a scheme whereby 4% from your salary is matched with a 10% employer contribution (other options available)
- 21 days annual leave, with an option to buy additional holidays
- Group life assurance
- VaulteXtra – offering discounts on various retailers, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Flex Membership, Cash-back on purchases, re-loadable cards to spend in store and eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling
- Robust learning and development department offering opportunities for career progression.
- A company culture underpinned by our CSR programme which welcomes and rewards innovative ideas, outreach into the community through charity work, and a celebration of our diverse workforce.
- Up to 10% bonus annually
Skills required (please still apply if you don’t meet the criteria for all)
- Ability to write well-structured, testable code, with a focus on simplicity and maintainability
- Care about quality, not only the code you write, but of the project you’re building
- Be comfortable with front-end and/or back-end development
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including developers, designers, business analysts, product managers and project managers
- Be enthusiastic about working directly with users to build and deliver the right features
- Be a skilled developer, but more importantly, have an innate desire to learn and improve
- Some experience with TDD, and writing unit tests
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Experience working on a project with a team, using source control and task tracking tools
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- Good business analysis skills.
- Complex problem solver.
- Logical thinker. Ability to gather and analyse information, design and test solutions to problems and formulate plans
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all member of the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!