|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consumer Channel Sales and Marketing
Microsoft Consumer Channel Sales and Marketing (CCSM) works across all Microsoft products and services sold to Consumers, from Xbox to Surface, Office and Windows. The CCSM team partners with internal and external customers alike with the goal of maximizing revenue, market share, and mutual profit ensuring the highest ethics and compliance in any action.
As any finance organization in Microsoft, we:
- Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
- Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy.
- Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a partner and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
EMEA CCSM FInance
EMEA CCSM Finance is a truly global finance team highly engaged in developing its talent and make them evolve in a moving environment. EMEA CCSM Finance spans all finance functions; we span working with Marketing to drive our product categories, with Supply and Ops to ensure we have the right product in the right places, Sales to understand our Partner Account mechanics and Channel Strategy, manage the organisation’s RoB and are custodians of the P&L. We chart our Growth path in existing businesses and in net new areas for the company, whilst prioritizing creating a more Inclusive Microsoft across our products, our culture and our marketing and every customer engagement.
The EMEA Surface Controller role is an excellent opportunity to be at the heart of a dynamic business. Partnering with Consumer and Commercial Surface Category as well as Channel Sales Leads to manage, grow and review the financial performance of the business, identify and critically assess investment opportunities optimizing between margin & share to drive profitable sustainable growth engines and shape the landing of our WW/EMEA strategy in market. The role requires a strong financial acumen combined with a deep passion for our consumer business to evolve in that role.
Culture and Behaviour
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
Deliver the present
- Drive the overall finance performance and forecast accuracy for Consumer and Commercial Surface business working with the Category and Sub Region teams to understand the drivers and the levers available to influence - proactively flagging upsides, risks, actions needed and managing the overall investments and Gross Margin.
- Strong partnership with Supply and Ops and the EMEA consumer and commercial Surface controller community at both Area and Corporate level to drive cross-group alignment to a single source of the truth for critical items like Supply, Inventory, New Product launches, end of life, etc. and to get it appropriately reflected in CFO forecast \ Budget cycles.
- In conjunction with the EMEA Consumer and commercial Surface Controller community, create transparency on promotional pricing and drive to alignment in terms of both offer amounts and timing.
- Ensure a strong culture of compliance across the teams leveraging data and analytics to identify our risks and treat audits as learning opportunities.
- Drive utilization of Standard Reporting to minimize the use of local reporting partnering with EMEA and Corp teams to design revenue/attach/mix reports that addresses business needs.
- Push the frontiers on how we use Power BI, predictive analytics, etc. to bring sharp insights, objectivity, and stability to how we assess and anticipate business performance and actions needed.
- Understand and ensure accuracy in the reporting of the financial and non-financial performance of the business (VTB, VTF, Growth, Share, Attach, Mix, Gross Margin etc.)
- Contribute to key financial process (outlook, forecast, budget) in conjunction with the EMEA team - be the voice of business partners, champion simplicity, drive consistency, focus & prioritization on what matters, provide objective risk / upside assessment - ensure all of this is delivered within the existing standard CDS finance processes
- Be a pillar of the EMEA Hardware Controller community.
- Partner with the other EMEA Surface Category Controller community to ensure alignment on how they manage and measure the business, how they partner across CDS and CDS Finance an develop similar relationship with GSMO commercial surface communities.
- Identify opportunities to grow above budget and overall, thru a more agile yet simple growth plan process.
- Improve Business Productivity leveraging best practice sharing and ROI analysis across Sub regions.
- Use existing frameworks (account analytics, benchmarking) to systematically identify opportunities and prompt the discussion on how to realize them. Know the key accounts - and use that to drive deeper, more actionable opportunity conversation with the teams.
- Manage the implementation of our investments in the sub-region - challenge ROI, ensure long / short term balance, alignment with strategy. Drive accountability on results including identifying key learnings and how we can scale.
- Drive "big bet" thinking - own the key growth plan modeling, share insights with the Sub Region and Regional CDS Management team - work with consistent growth frameworks and gather feedback to continually improve them.
- Measure success/ROI of growth initiatives and drive future decision making as a result.
Shape the future
- Be a deep expert on the business - understand the business strategy, the Category priorities and the long-range plan and then understand your business in that context.
- Contribute to the team's thinking on how we achieve it and influence upwards to shape key financial factors like Pricing, Rebate, promo policy, margin targets.
- Anticipate what future change may mean for the business in terms of margin structures, rebate structure, inventory management, compliance, etc. and proactively engage the right teams to explore & address.
Key Indicators of Success
- Ability to understand business drivers behind performance.
- Driving accountability to Financial Targets and Business Scorecard accountabilities.
- Improve the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of reporting and insights.
- Be a catalyst for change in the approach to Investment decision making.
- Ability to understand what is driving changes in business performance, rather than just describing what has happened.
- Fiscal accountability & control.
- Compliance and risk management.
- Business Partner feedback.
- 5 years of active experience in similar role and 10 years of experience in finance positions.
- BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance.
- Experience in Multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to drive the transformation,
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret, and explain business results.
- Positive mindset.
- Experience and comfort presenting to Senior Management.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in complex environments.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing tasks/priorities.
Location flexible in Europe timezone.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.