|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly-collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Microsoft Aspire MBA program
Start date: July-September 2021
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Technical Consulting & Client Success roles including the ones described below, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered as a MBA student or recent graduate, you should be within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 6 months.
Delivery Pursuit Lead (DPL)
The Delivery Pursuit Lead (DPL) is a presales delivery leader accountable for supporting the presales process by shaping and scoping deals to satisfy customer’s requirements. You work closely with sales and delivery partners to define and scope quality solutions that drive business outcomes. You are responsible for leading a collaborative solution design process and should possess a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft solution areas and the challenges customers face as cloud and emerging technologies enable the digital transformation of their organizations.
You will use your expertise to provide deal scope, solution approach, accurate cost estimates, staffing plans, financial costs, risks and contingency / risk reserve requirements, and budgetary estimations. You reuse Intellectual Property (IP) to scope end-to-end lifecycle solutions across your portfolio of pursuits that enable growth while ensuring that deal velocity and deal quality remain paramount.
The DPL’s primary responsibilities include:
- DPLs are expected to demonstrate expertise in offerings and delivery playbooks, and to use this expertise to educate selling partners and lead pursuits that result in deals with an appropriate resource mix.
- DPLs are expected to drive profitable use of presales resources and develop relationships with area sales, proactively engage stakeholders to influence deal qualification, advise on deal readiness, and set domain pursuit expectations.
- Being accountable for deal quality. This includes the production of well-crafted Statements of Work that lead to engagements that meet customers’ expectations for scope, timelines, and deliverables, and include the reuse of IP as a deal shaping foundation.
- Achieving high quality pursuits by leading pursuit teams through technical, political and organizational complexity. DPLs are expected to be stewards of the lead-to-order process, use your influence to improve deal velocity, prioritize pursuits aligned to cloud workloads and area business plans, and communicate deal value to approval stakeholders through the deal review process
Role specific qualification:
- Background in delivering and/or selling complex technology solutions and services.
- Understanding of the financial and operational roles of a delivery organization, able to match this to best meet customer needs and drive customer outcomes.
- Experience evaluating work breakdown structures, cost estimations and resource loading for complex solutions.
- Currently pursuing an MBA Degree within 12 months of graduation, or graduated within the last 6 months.
Related experience in relevant fields eg: business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance.
Microsoft Product Certification, MCSE or other technical certifications preferred.
Passion for technology and working with customers.
Ability to manage executive relationships, both internally and with customers, to create business transformation.
Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service skills desired.
Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of regional/virtual teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.