|Location:||Greater Manchester, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for Cloud Services? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft's products? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If so, this is a great opportunity for you. Microsoft Services is looking for a Customer Engineer. In this role you will be working with customers and partners building, deploying, operating and optimizing large complex enterprise environments. You will also be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption and support of enterprise Microsoft deployments.
As a Customer Engineer you will be a key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Premier/Unified Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.
Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them
Create deliverables to address common Microsoft Unified Support customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others
Maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness
Consistently apply “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate Microsoft Unified Support offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customers
3+ years’ experience in systems development, network operations, software support, IT consulting
Ability to work independently cross collaboration working in a fast-paced environment where technology and customers' requirements can change regularly
Demonstrated aptitude for providing extraordinary customer service, influence, impact while problem solving and building Customer & Partner relationships.
Possess a passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and good judgement
Ability to apply product & technology knowledge to improve Microsoft products and the customer experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience
Intermittently, there will be business need to travel domestic and international depending on the account you will own
Technical Skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of industry experience with Microsoft Server products, Microsoft TEAMs and Skype Online products
- Experience with supporting, planning and implementation of Skype for Business and Office 365 products including Enterprise Voice, Conferencing, client connectivity, UM and other Skype for Business online features
- Working experience with Messaging and Active Directory Federation Services technologies
- Experience with design, implementation, and optimization of Lync/Skype and Exchange technologies
- Working experience with Hybrid Directory Services technologies including ADFS and Azure AD
- Working knowledge Office 365 and EXO product capabilities, troubleshooting, and monitoring tools
- Experience with troubleshooting, configuring and supporting Hybrid scenarios
- Must have the ability to take on internal initiatives to create services opportunities, and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands, addressing shifting priorities, and maintaining focus
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.