|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Role : Equity Derivatives Sales Support Associate
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. The firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
Our Structured Products cover the full range of asset classes, including equities, credit, interest rates, currencies, commodities, funds and alternative investments.
The successful candidate will be part of a team delivering Sales and Client support for the Equity Derivatives marketing business (Retail Derivative Products). The role involves post trade sales support and has extensive desk & client interaction.
Candidates will need to have a clear understanding of trade flow and lifecycle event management. Sound knowledge of derivatives confirmations (ISDA), settlement workflow, P&L process would be advantageous. Candidates will be expected to play key roles in developing new process and opportunities, perform root cause analysis, identify and implement solutions.
Role & Responsibilities:
This role will involve daily interaction with Sales, Trading, Clients, Middle-office & Operations groups globally as well as frequent interaction with technology and project delivery teams. Primary responsibility will be the day to day management coordinating all aspects of post trade support to the client including:
- Managing and maintaining client BAU activity, (mainly T based)
- Ensuring and co-ordinating with downstream teams that all T+1 Client Exception Capture / Matching and trade input is captured
- Ensuring all external queries relating to Equity Derivatives Products are investigated and resolved on a timely basis.
- Maintaining lifecycle events as they arise on OTC positions, including reset payments, premiums, coupons, terminations, dividends, novations and all other events.
- Managing OTC ISDA/FBF confirmation and documentation. Liaise with traders / counterparties when appropriate and with legal department to resolve queries & issues.
- Liaising with operations teams for management of Confirmation/Settlement Exceptions
- Acting as escalation point for any service issues
- Fully understand and communicate with client surrounding client reporting/statements
- Partner with sales & client to understand business and service needs
- Develop automation solutions that support the client
- Ensuring all operational and tech issues are logged, monitored and progressed
- Regular review and update of procedures completed to reflect changes in internal processes and market regulations.
- Manage maintenance of client service / reporting tools and UAT
- Maximise client leverage of self-service tools
- Work closely with the Business and Middle Office managers
- Degree Educated
- Derivatives product experience and understanding
- Client or Investment Banking Middle Office experience preferred
- Ability to perform in a pressurised environment
- Problem solving and judgement abilities
- Diligent approach to work
- Excellent MS Office skills ( Excel, Power Point, Word & Visio)
- Ability to build customer loyalty & confidence
- Demonstrating client empathy
- Great communicator
- Excellent team working skills and personal motivation
- Great problem solving and organisational skills