|Job Type:||Full Time|
Board Management, UK Product Administration & Oversight (‘The Team’)
Governance – oversight and coordination – Vice President
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, the asset management arm of J.P. Morgan Chase, is one of the largest investment management houses in the world. Our clients include private individuals, government agencies, central banks, asset managers, consumer banks, financial advisers, pension funds, charities and foundations. We offer our expertise on a segregated portfolio basis as well as within pooled vehicles.
The Team provides a full support service for a number of Open and Closed ended UK, Luxembourg and Irish domiciled funds all of which are managed by JPMorgan Asset Management. The Team is also responsible for some of the committees of the JPMorgan UK legal entities.
The Team comprises a Company Secretarial team, a Product Administration team, a Financial Reporting team and Board Management Support team. The Team is also supported by a team based in Mumbai.
The Team works with a large number of teams across the Asset Management business to ensure that the boards and the relevant JPMorgan legal entity committees are provided with high quality information in a timely manner, whilst additionally providing relevant and timely updates on any regulatory matters.
The core objective of the open position is to oversee and coordinate the regular governance items that are required to go to the Boards/Legal entity committees and also be responsible for the timely response to various projects. As part of this, this position will be responsible for the governance of the JPMorgan Funds Limited Management Committee, ensuring that relevant parties are engaged and report regularly to this Committee. This role will sit across the subset of the teams that make up The Team and will act as a coordination point for various matters.
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders across the Asset Management business and also wider JPMorgan entities and external vendors.
Primary responsibilities and duties
Some of the key activities for this role are given below.
- JPMorgan Funds Ltd Management Committee – governance process
- Providing comprehensive support and coordination in respect of the various functions of The Team.
- Management of Risk – including the coordination of the annual risk review
- Project management
- Liaison and engagement with key stakeholders of the business – both internal and external
- Ensuring that relevant KPIs and metrics are established across the team and are monitored.
- Coordination of certain Board reports – e.g. Board evaluation, Directors Remuneration, Code of Conduct
Candidate skills, experience and knowledge
- Client focused
- Relationship management
- Project management
- Communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills