As an Automation Specialist (Scientist), you will use your technical expertise to support the Abcam characterization and validation team to drive innovation by identifying opportunities in using automation to solve problems and increase the throughput of the team. While immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry will be the initial application areas to support, it is fully expected that other characterization areas will be investigated in the future.
- Develop ICC and Flow cytometry assays and protocols on liquid handling platforms, including programming, optimization, verification, and documentation.
- Execute process verification or optimization studies, including data generation, analysis, and reporting to key stake holders.
- Author of SOP’s and related documentation.
- Be point of contact for laboratory equipment vendors and for automation equipment maintenance.
- Provide automation-related technical expertise as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Remain current on automated platform market trends.
- Experience of line management would be an advantage.
- Degree in molecular biology, biotechnology, engineering, or a closely related discipline with significant relevant experience.
- Experience operating and programming automated liquid handling platforms, such as Hamilton, TECAN, Beckman, Agilent, PerkinElmer, and Eppendorf.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry.
- Experience translating manual workflows into high throughput automated methods.
- Experience with multiple programming languages preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects to meet timelines.
- Highly effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative personality with strong interpersonal skills.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.