Last updated 7 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal responsibilities/key duties:
- Undertake tree surveys for construction projects (to BS 5837:2012)
- Undertake Health and Safety Tree Surveys - Visual Tree Assessments (VTA); disease diagnosis; Quantified Tree Risk Assessment (QTRA)
- Undertake aerial tree inspections for bat potential
- Prepare arboricultural survey reports, arboricultural impact assessments and arboricultural method statements
- Liaise with a broad range of clients to agreed programmes and deadlines
- Provide advice covering a broad range of arboricultural issues for internal and external clien
- Provide support to ecological team e.g. undertake occasional surveys during peak season
- You would hold Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. Arboricultural Association.
- A recognised qualification in arboriculture e.g. Higher National Diploma (HND), Higher National Certificate (HNC), Technical Certificate in Arboriculture (AA Tech Cert), National Diploma (ND), Foundation Degree or Honours Degree or a combination of an environmental related degree and specific qualification in arboriculture.
- National Certificate (NC), which would have covered tree survey techniques and provide an understanding of risk identification in line with tree condition surveys.
In addition, you will also be required to have:
- Good communication skills, must be concise and effective at communicating ideas in a professional manner. Experience using project management software and techniques desirable. Ability to use software for recording data using handheld devices
- Ability to work as part of large multi-disciplinary teams within a professional consultancy environment
- Ability to summarise information from written sources, field data and verbal sources
- Ability to manage large workloads effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prepare fee proposals and support business development/sourcing of work
- Excellent tree identification skills
- Knowledge of common pests and diseases in the UK
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue (CS38 and CS39 qualifications)
- Experience in tree surveys and inspections especially BS5837:2012
- Full UK driving licence