|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Senior Operations Program Manager, you are passionate about operating and managing our cloud in support of the most complex government mission workloads. Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, departments and agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale.
The Azure Global Government Expansion group is focused on expanding Azure’s footprint and unlocking new Government markets. The Senior Operations Program Manager is part of this WW group. Our focus is on “going deep” with government customers and their industry partners to understand their toughest mission problems and look for how Azure can solve them; and then scaling this to work to other government customers. We do this globally and work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
The Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a talented individual to help execute on our Government expansion strategy in the U.K. You will own our Operational Processes and Best Practices in the UK, designing and delivering Operational Excellence in support of customer mission-critical workloads. You will have detailed knowledge of cloud operational practices and procedures and will have experience of working in secure areas of Government to manage a variety of workloads. You’ll work alongside Global Engineering colleagues to design the most appropriate support structure that adheres to UK Government standards, policies and procedures.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organisation and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more
The Operational program Manager is accountable for the end-to-end establishment and delivery of the in country Secure Operations Centre;
- Deliver all the supporting business processes and standard operating procedures in line with Microsoft SOPs, uplifted for Higher classification network capability delivery
- Align all SOPs to ensure customer acceptance and gain accreditation sign off specific to country security posture frameworks
- Assist in the hiring of all staff to support SOC, onboarding and training including all necessary documentation is in place
- Documentation of all JD and staff planning, Security clearance requirements and create a program schedule for critical timeframes aligned with GA
- Document the operational performance and compliance of the SOC including support activities, and change management initiatives ensuring achievement of business objectives and any proposed/requirements ahead of GA
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, to ensure delivery excellence (I.e. ITSA, Account Managers, etc.)
- Collaborate with peer Operational team members to deliver transaction services to customers with an end-to-end view and seamless experience across FVEY support teams
- Accountable for the successful implementation of all initiatives, programs and changes, including responsibility for ensuring high customer satisfaction while balancing cost/benefit impacts
- The key to success in this role is the ability to optimize our processes and build new solutions for the future through business need and complexity changes
- Ensure the SOC is audit-compliant at all times, assist internal and external auditors in audit planning/execution and drive compliance rigor and risk management
- Assess, develop, recommend, and execute Business Continuity Plans for business-critical situations
- Deep understanding of relevant Security frameworks, compliance and preference to have worked in a Network Operations, SOC environment
- Expereince in an Operations, Service Delivery, Global outsourcing Leadership role
- Experience in Cloud Managed environments and end to end Service Operations
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- ITIL Foundations (Min) + Agile Methodologies
- in Computing or Engineering would be a benefit (but not mandatory)
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide array of internal business groups, executive stakeholders and execution partners with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels of our customer and partners
- Proven impact and influence skills - ability to work broadly across disparate groups to gain agreement on direction, integrate disparate opinions into cohesive strategy/message and present/defend recommendations
- Exceptional written, verbal and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgement in fast-paced, high-speed environment
- Working across highly matrixed, multinational organization, exhibits outstanding organizational, planning, communication, judgement and negotiation skills, uses data and analytics to drive performance insights and improvements and has strong customer and compliance focus
- Understanding of ISO Standards and Compliance
Security Clearance Requirements: UK National with DV Clearance. Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a U.K. Security Clearance (minimally Secret/Level II)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country