|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Senior Partner Program Manager, you are passionate about cloud and the benefits it can bring to support the largest and most complex government mission workloads. Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, departments and agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale.
The Azure Global Government Expansion group is focused on expanding Azure’s footprint and unlocking new Government markets. The Senior Partner Program Manager is part of this WW group. Our focus is on “going deep” with government customers and their industry partners to understand their toughest mission problems and look for how Azure can solve them; and then scaling this to work to other government customers. We do this globally and work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
The Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a talented individual to help execute on our Government expansion strategy in the U.K. You will work closely with our Defence and Security Industry Partners, supporting the transformation of their Government Services to Microsoft’s cloud. You will work alongside SMEs, Primes and Government Customers to drive the adoption of Microsoft Azure for their mission workloads, refining requirements, working with Cloud Solution Architects and Engineers to design, develop and deploy mission capability on Azure.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organization and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more
- The Partner Program Manager will work to define, design and build adoption & implementation paths for select and prioritized Defence and Intelligence partners
- Melding partner business model insights with platform and roadmap truths aligned to major program initiatives
- Driving the early adoption of engagements with prioritized partners
- Identify and engage with core partners on pre-accreditation activities for classified capability, inventorying pathfinders
- Drive deep engagement with partners leveraging the wider Microsoft teams – landing new and emerging technologies and bringing the best of our global engineering teams to bear
- Drive the business engagement, determining ROI and business case value in large MSI and SI contract holding assets, establish migration paths, timeframe and investments required to migrate
- Learn from engagements feeding product feedback input into future product planning process, every semester, with clarity and partner advocacy
- Understanding of customer value proposition for Microsoft priority workloads and best practices for partners to monetize services and solutions
- This role will be interfacing with the senior most levels within Microsoft and our top partners and will be expected to drive very effective executive communication and management skills
- Program Management, Product Management, Technical Program Management, Software Engineering, Architecture, Cloud Solution Architecture,Customer Software Engineering, Field Engineering or similar experience
- Background in working across major MSI and SI outsourcers, deep understanding of business case development ROI, reduction of Tech Debt
- BA/BS degree in computer science,engineering or related discipline
- Deep Defence and Intelligence industry experience, understanding of the mission
- Understanding of classified environments, and the relevant country security posture framework
- Candidates must have a strong security background due to the classification and environment.
- Experienced in working and guiding partners and/or customers thru adoption life cycle with hands-on guidance, reference architectures and depth engagement
- Customer obsession coupled with strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge and experiences with Azure, Higher Classification and/or other public cloud platforms
- Effective presentation skills and experience with engaging audiences of all levels
- Effective in rapidly evolving environments and working across organizational boundaries
- Experienced in advocating for customer and partner success
- Self-starter, skilled-listener, strong collaborator, strong writing skills
- Avid learner, who enjoys researching new techniques and best practices, as well as teaching others
Security Clearance Requirements:UK National with DV Clearance (or ability to uplift from SC). Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a U.K. Security Clearance (minimally Secret/Level II)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country