|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Senior Custom Program Manager, you are passionate about cloud and the benefits it can bring to support the largest and most complex government customers in their journey to the cloud. Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, departments and agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale.
The Azure Global Government Expansion group is focused on expanding Azure’s footprint and unlocking new Government markets. The Senior Customer Program Manager is part of this WW group. Our focus is on “going deep” with government customers to understand their toughest mission problems and look for how Azure can solve them; and then scaling this to work to other government customers. We do this globally and work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
The Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a talented individual to help execute on our Government expansion strategy in the U.K. You will work closely with our Government customers to show our understanding of their transformation journey and to help refine their requirements for mission capabilities and workloads. You’ll also work side-by-side with our Cloud Solution Architect colleagues and Partners to support the building of these mission critical workloads in Microsoft’s cloud, driving the adoption of Azure.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organisation and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of our customers’ domain, translating their objectives and priorities into opportunities to architect and deliver solutions based on Azure
- Conduct workshops with customers to elicit requirements and provide advice on design, development and deployment of secure applications
- Manage and work with Microsoft and Partner Engineering Teams to deliver solutions at pace that meet customer expectations
- Maintain knowledge of the latest Azure and Microsoft innovations that can meet evolving customer needs
- Develop deep relationships with key senior customer stakeholders, who drive long-term cloud adoption
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on the Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
We are looking for a talented and ambitious PM with the following attributes:
- Success in consultative/complex technical software development projects, including business development and sales support activities
- Deep understanding and experience of the Defence and/or Security domain(s), key challenges, priorities and stakeholders
- Proven track record of building deep relationships with senior stakeholders across the customer and partner community
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and how these can be utilized to satisfy Defence and Security mission requirements
- Experience of managing software development teams within complex projects and highly regulated customer environments
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to handle sensitive situations involving critical and politically charged partner situations, to lead projects and to motivate others
- Experience of delivering Big Data, Analytics and AI solutions that have enabled customers to operate more effectively
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms and understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
Security Clearance Requirements:UK National with DV Clearance (or ability to uplift from SC). Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a U.K. Security Clearance (minimally Secret/Level II)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country