|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Cyber Security & Accreditation PM, you are passionate about enabling our cloud to manage the most complex government mission workloads in a highly secure environment. Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, departments and agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale.
The Azure Global Government Expansion group is focused on expanding Azure’s footprint and unlocking new Government markets. The Cyber Security & Accreditation PM is part of this WW group. Our focus is on “going deep” with government customers and their industry partners to understand their toughest mission problems and look for how Azure can solve them; and then scaling this to work to other government customers. We do this globally and work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
The Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a talented individual to help execute on our Government expansion strategy in the U.K. You will be our Cyber Security and Accreditation specialist, having deep knowledge and expertise across secure government solutions. You will be working with Government Customers and Industry Partners to design and lead their accreditation journey to deploy mission workloads into Microsoft’s cloud, ensuring relevant policies and procedures are adhered to and demonstrated as part of this design. You’ll work closely with Microsoft Engineering teams across Azure Global to manage our security patterns and drive requirements pertinent to the UK.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organisation and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more.
- This is a Senior role responsible for leading the Cyber Security Activity in country for the provision of higher classification network capability this person will be accountable ensuring the successful Security operations and assurance of the program
- Define and deliver the cyber security program to achieve Government accreditation
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of UK policy threat and risk, delivering compliance documentation to gain authority to operate in conjunction with relevant customer stakeholders
- Working with Azure Engineering teams and external security consultants to translate security policy into actionable designs to achieve compliance
- Create and communicate knowledge of Information Security and Assurance processes specific to UK
- Cyber controls and frameworks for deployment of secure enclaves, gateways and restricted administrative environments, Mission Critical Platform modernisation
- Contribute directly to engineering product teams helping to ensure Azure is the most aligned compelling mission workloads for the Defence and Intelligence sector
- Provide security and architectural guidance for solutions on azure through engagement with security risk and compliance personnel
- BSc/MSc Computer Science, Cyber Security or relevant Engineering Degree
- CISSP or equivalent certification
- Deep understanding of Cyber Security Risk Frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST , PCS, SOC )
- Cyber threat modelling and threat intelligence analysis experience
- Information security/cyber security experience in highly regulated industries, ideally with UK Government
- Strong senior executive customer and partner expertise and a data driven approach
- Ability to coordinate across numerous teams including security engineering teams and stake holders to raise the security bar and drive accountability
- End-to-end Delivery and Innovation
- Agility in fast paced environment
- Deep experience working across the Defence and Security community in the UK
- Strong Creditability to engage on cyber threats, risk countermeasures, internally and externally with senior executives
- Solid solution architecture and cybersecurity technical skills-you will need to be able to deliver deep technical content and bridge that technical knowledge to mature, business discussions at executive level
- Ability to perform threat and risk assessment, interpret and communicate compliance controls across multiple layers of a cloud platform and application architecture
Security Clearance Requirements: UK National with DV Clearance. Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a U.K. Security Clearance (minimally Secret/Level II)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country