|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Senior Networking and Cross-Domain PM, you are passionate about enabling our cloud to manage the most complex government mission workloads. Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, departments and agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale.
The Azure Global Government Expansion group is focused on expanding Azure’s footprint and unlocking new Government markets. The Senior Networking and Cross-Domain PM is part of this WW group. Our focus is on “going deep” with government customers and their industry partners to understand their toughest mission problems and look for how Azure can solve them; and then scaling this to work to other government customers. We do this globally and work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
The Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a talented individual to help execute on our Government expansion strategy in the U.K. You will be our expert networking and cross-domain specialist, working with Government Customers and Industry Partners, supporting the architecture to facilitate interoperability as well as secure connectivity into a range of environments. You’ll work closely with Microsoft Engineering teams across Azure Global to manage our patterns and drive requirements pertinent to the UK.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organisation and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more
- Define the networking requirements for interfacing with Government systems
- Design or configuration of Cross Domain Solutions, encryption and other gateways for integration and interoperability with external systems and partners
- Working with Azure Global Engineering teams to deliver a secure and resilient hyperscale cloud
- Delivering design documentation to meet required standards and achieve accreditation
- Support, troubleshoot, and automate implementation and day to day operations of Azure CDS systems
- Recognised networking certification (CompTIA, Cisco etc.)
- Secure networking design and configuration
- Systems shell scripting experience (Bash, PowerShell, Python)
- Network configuration and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows, Cisco)
- Experience in developing security hardening procedures, best practices and policy implementation to meet Government requirements
- Deep CDS understanding, including selection, configuration and accreditation in a secure environment
- Extensive experience in working with Government encryption standards and operational management of equipment
We are looking for a talented and ambitious PM with the following attributes:
- Experience in program management
- Strong customer focus and data driven approach
- Ability to coordinate across numerous teams and stake holders to raise the security bar and drive accountability
- End-to-end Delivery and Innovation
- Agility in fast paced environment
- Experience working across the Defence and Security community in the UK
- Deep understanding of the OSI model and separation of networks
- Apache NiFi configuration and troubleshooting experience
Security Clearance Requirements: UK National with DV Clearance. Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a U.K. Security Clearance (minimally Secret/Level II)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country