|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
This is a customer facing role, responsible for the overall technical relationship between our Defence customers and Microsoft Data, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Platform. You will own the Cloud Infrastructure technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and pilots.
The ideal candidate will have experience in large, complex customers preferably with experience in the Army/Navy and the Defence sector generally. As well as success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, Analytics and AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g. SQL Server, Azure Synapse, Azure ML, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Data Factory, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Power BI, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers and relevant business decision makers (like AI or Analytics), who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Cloud platforms.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
Security Clearance (SC/DV) required
- Industry Experience- Working with Defence Sector. Success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) required
Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following
- SQL including OSS (postgres, MySQL etc), Azure SQL preferred
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB preferred
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python preferred
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift, GraphQL
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau.
- Data Governance.
- Data Engineering.
- Data Science.
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server.
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Cognitive Search.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you