|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft in Cambridge plays host to a diverse team of technical and business staff, who together pursue activities that seek to transform the world around us. Whether that be through: reimagining what the future of work will look like; designing novel new forms of data storage or data security techniques; or using machine learning to revolutionise medicine. Microsoft products that we have contributed to include Cortana, Azure ML, Office, Xbox, HoloLens, Skype, and Windows.
We are looking for a highly organised and empathetic individual to own our new employee onboarding and learning & development activities. For the onboarding element of the role, duties will include partnering closely with our remote recruitment team to set up interviews, candidate coaching and preparation, and ensuring a great experience right through to their first day. The learning and development aspect of the role pertains to oversight and regular communication of our individual and team development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will care deeply about candidate experience and employee development. They will have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. They will also possess the ability to prioritise while multi-tasking, to deal with ambiguity and have great attention to detail.
- Partner with the EMEA Recruitment team, hiring managers, interviewers, and candidates to arrange interviewers.
- Logistical interview management to support candidates’ interview
- Care for candidates visiting the lab and an ability to respond to issues as they arise (currently remotely).
- Co-ordinate onboarding logistics and manage the new hire experience.
- Support stakeholders with issues as they arise in timely and professional manner.
- Maintaining and communicating a local site plan for learning and development activities that feeds from our corporate guidelines.
- Tailoring bespoke team training programmes and mentoring initiatives in line with business requirements.
- A strong administrator or programme co-ordinator.
- Ideally has experience working in HR or recruitment.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills (ability to multi-task and prioritise).
- Ability to understand complex scheduling across multiple time-zones.
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and act with discretion.
- Able to work well under pressure, occasionally within short time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills (must be a fluent English speaker).
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook essential).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.