|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) is looking for exceptional programming language interns candidates with the goal of accelerating machine learning research. Work with leading researchers, moving with the current of technology as it rapidly evolves. Together we share the motivation to seek innovative solutions to the world's toughest challenges and improve the lives of people everywhere.
Microsoft is looking for a Research Intern in Programming language design and implementation, broadly defined. At this position, you will conduct both fundamental and applied research in PL and AI under the supervision of Microsoft mentor(s). The internship will be based in Cambridge UK.
This work will require insights from both programming languages research and machine learning, and thus the successful candidate will work closely with both machine learning as well as programming languages researchers.
- Currently enrolled in a UK PhD programme in the area of programming languages for numerical workloads
- Experience in PL/AI research, evidenced by a strong publication record in relevant conferences or product development.
- Strong design and implementation skills (ideally C/C++, but all relevant experience considered), ability to quickly dive in existing codebases
- Optional: some experience with machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc).
- Interest in deep research with high real-world impact.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.