|Location:||Greater Manchester, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services. To help drive this effort, Microsoft has the Customer Success dedicated team that plays a key role in helping Microsoft customers achieve this digital transformation through successful adoption of Microsoft Cloud solutions and Services.
The Customer Success team drives change management and adoption activities with key business decision makers and IT decision makers, helping reduce implementation risk, driving usage of existing solutions, and identifying opportunities to accelerate the path for customers to realize business value from their investments.
We are looking for a talented individual to define and lead customer success acceleration in the field for Azure Data and AI including Azure SQL, Cloud Scale Analytics and AI workloads. As a Time Zone Azure Data & AI Customer Success Acceleration Lead in Microsoft’s Worldwide Commercial Business organization, you will oversee field/partner engagement and execution for customer success and consumption acceleration related to Azure Data & AI workloads. The role will entail executing on global programs that drive adoption of these services within Enterprise customer accounts, which will span multiple industries. It will also entail interfacing with the field community of professionals within Time Zone – CSU Regional Business Lead, Azure Data & AI CSU Manager of Managers(M2), CSA Managers, Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs), and associated roles including Customer Engineering & Architecture Teams, Azure Solutions Specialists, Microsoft Consulting Services teams, Partner Development Managers and Microsoft Partners delivery teams.
This role requires a self-driven professional who thrives on new challenges to grow the Azure Data & AI business and cherishes achieving business impact with minimal observation once trained and equipped. Demonstration of strong skills in adaptive leadership, cross-organizational collaboration, ability to drive impact through influence, relationship building and executive engagement skills is highly desired.
Most importantly, the awareness, orientation and ability to find and capitalize on opportunities to improve self in this role and the role surroundings are sought in any professional aspiring for this role
- Responsible for scaling customer success and consumption acceleration for Azure Data & AI through the use of global programs and actions for a defined time zone area, sales area, region or enterprise operating unit
- Apply global programs’ knowledge to help M2s, CSA Managers, Azure CSAs, Azure Solutions Specialists and partners avail of program assistance and program funding solutions that meet customer’s business and IT needs.
- Enable Azure Data & AI CSAs to be successful in executing their consumption engagements, i.e., projects, and the milestones within, by rallying program resources.
- Capture customer success stories including the impact of program assistance, customer’s realized business transformation and the observed best practices around architecture design comprehensiveness and implementation practices.(architectural patterns, journey maps, early preview, customer business impact).
- Stay up to date on program capabilities and maintain accurate reporting of managed customer success engagements, with regard to their path to customer success through usage of program features and benefits.
- Curate and maintain adequate technical depth to bring technical intensity on Azure Data and AI that can empower CSAs to guide customers.
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures as related to Azure Data and AI offerings such as on-premise SQL, data warehouses, on-premise Big Data/Hadoop stacks, ingest and ETL procedures, data estate plans
- Nurture and grow technical depth in the latest Azure Data and AI’s Cloud Scale Analytics and AI services.
- Establish effective feedback loops that surfaces voice of the customer and influences program design teams, other stakeholders and product teams to evolve programs, product and Services that support Customer Success.
- Build thought leadership and mindshare through engagements with CSAs and partners.
- 8-12 years of professional experience including business management, offering/product strategy, marketing, sales, services, technology implementation, or related field
- Familiarity with database and data warehousing, Big Data/Hadoop technologies, AI and analytics platforms such as Snowflake, Microsoft SQL, Azure Synapse Analytics(formerly Azure SQL Datawarehouse), IBM (Netezza, DB2, Watson), Oracle (database, Exadata), SAP (HANA, BW), Cloudera/Hortonworks, Snowflake, MapR, AWS (Redshift, Glue), Google (BigQuery, Tensorflow), MemSQL, MarkLogic, Qubole, Pivotal, Actian (Avalanche), Alibaba (MaxCompute).
- Prior experience with public cloud and/or SaaS deal capture and acceleration, business development, sales engineering and/or sales is preferred.
- Effective communication and field program execution skills, with the ability to energize others
- Demonstrated track record of effective communication with business and technical leaders at all levels within large enterprises and for Microsoft internal candidates within Microsoft Business Groups, Sales, Services and Partner organizations
- Ability to create effective relationships, listen, influence, and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations with can-do attitude and proactively determine creative solutions.
- Have a strong background in leading people with the ability to inspire confidence in senior leaders and motivate his/her global team.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience required, MBA strongly preferred.
- Preference for global experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.