|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a high-performing team leading one of the most innovative and strategic business units in the company today? Reporting to the UK Azure Innovation lead, the Azure IoT and mixed reality (MR) Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for leading the go-to-market strategy for the UK to deliver customer & partner success aligned to strategic IoT and MR priorities. The Edge PMM will develop marketing programs fusing innovation across a broad set of products, partners and ecosystems to deliver integrated strategies that act as key growth drivers for the Azure business
The PMM leads the UK IoT and Mixed Reality business and has overall responsibilities for enabling success by:
- Working in partnership with the UK customer, partner & technical teams to orchestrate IoT and MR sales and marketing execution
- Working with the local customer and partner teams to integrate IoT and MR into all local plans and GTMs
- Building and landing growth plans across the ecosystem to maximize the UK IoT and MR market opportunity
- Driving business outcomes by executing local go-to-market plan to exceed business targets
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of IoT and MR market dynamics, a solid technical grounding in edge solutions and technologies and a deep understanding of strategic marketing planning to develop year-over-year growth. The successful candidate must understand the edge to cloud roadmap, key industry solution plays and competitive landscape and create differentiation strategies that will be executed at scale within the UK.
NB this role would suit anyone living in the South East UK, there is no daily need to be in Reading in normal times.
Own and land IoT and MR propositions and drive business outcomes
- You will plan and execute activities that accelerate customer value and market growth from across Microsoft IoT (Windows 10 IoT, Azure Sphere, Azure IoT ) and Mixed Reality (HoloLens 2, Azure Mixed Reality Services, Dynamics 365 Guides & Remote Assist), leading key product/services moments/activities/releases
- You will monitor and understand priority performance and orchestrate execution to deliver on business metrics, constantly evolving GTM plans with business owners to deliver consistent results
- You will maintain product knowledge and evangelize IoT and MR to influencers, customers and partners
- You will partner closely with corporate marketing and engineering teams, acting as the voice of the UK market in providing local insight to develop and execute key learnings and contribute to future product enhancements.
- You will manage, own and contribute to all IoT and MR marketing programmes in UK including events, industry pods, digital campaigns and targeted customer and account marketing
- You will create synergy and alignment across Microsoft organizations in support of driving silicon to the cloud and device-to-cloud solution sales with strategic partners
Go-to-market planning and execution
- You will own the local IoT and MR marketing strategy partnering with corporate teams to align priorities, programs & investments in UK
- You will hold accountability for building the UK’s marketing strategy for Azure IoT, Azure Sphere, Azure, Windows & MR, including ownership of go-to-market planning with the respective partners and distributors
- You will own and orchestrate the creation of local Azure GTM plans and investment decisions and develop competitive strategies to drive growth
- You will manage clear business rhythms with key IoT & MR stakeholders, incl. product group and business planning, developing strong regional connections across the partner sales team, One Commercial Partner and engineering to coordinate P2P activities training and certification
- You will own and manage the UK budget including forecasting and spend tracking in line with expected ROI targets
- A product evangelist, you will be comfortable participating and acting as a key speaker in regional customer and partner events
- You will coach and lead sales and partner teams on marquee transformation projects involving IoT and MR
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Skills & Knowledge
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for edge and cloud products
- Track record of strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong communicator and someone who can take initiative for the business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic marketing plans and to drive influence in a matrixed environment
- Executive maturity and business acumen & experience engaging C-level executives
- Knowledgeable and experience in partner and customer marketing with the ability to drive the ecosystem + product story successfully across diverse regions/ countries
- Strong planning, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills to (1) identify market opportunities, (2) quantify opportunity and (3) execute plan against ROI model
- Success in this role will be defined by delivering impact on our increase in market share through both new partner & customer acquisition as well as growth in product awareness and services
- Ability to travel (30%) -COVID pending
- The ability to influence without authority for win-win results, and the ability to work as part of a virtual team, based across multiple time zones will lend to this role. Proven track record for delivering timely, quality and customer focused results
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, MSC/MBA a plus, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.