|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy working with Microsoft’s field teams and our customers, and can you see a long-term vision to help drive execution strategy to enable our MS teams (field and engineering) to unblock our customers? Do you have a record of accomplishments employing strong business and organizational skills, orchestrating across teams to deliver pragmatic and innovative solutions on time? Are you a growth minded leader who provides clarity, inspires change and creates energy across a broad base of teams, groups, customers and communities? If so, this role might be ideal for you.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for blazing new approaches that solve the most challenging customer scenarios and translating these solutions into scalable and reusable approaches through our field Customer Solution Architects (CSA) and CSA Managers? If so, we want to talk with you. We are seeking an experienced Apps/Infra – Consumption Architect to:
- Strategize and form a new WCB – Customer Success capability to accelerate our largest customers.
- Frame the initiative inclusive of customer intake, customer value proposition, engagement model across Microsoft teams, governance and learnings sharing.
- Create the execution model to expand to our most sensitive/important customers. Create productive relationships w/engineering, field, marketing, and necessary teams to accelerate the customers onboarding to Azure.
The WCB - Customer Success team drives business usage of Azure and help our customers realize business value from their investments, by supporting the Customer Success field teams with programmatic and scalable assets. As the Consumption Architect, you will have:
Business Acumen and Executive Presence
- Executive presence to build confidence and trust with field leaders, customers, sister corporate teams
- Organized to drive ideation, planning and operationalization of business strategy
- Drive field and corporate relationships across Microsoft to ensure we are focused on unblocking customers as they onboard to Azure
- Versatile with proven ability to be adaptable in rapidly evolving business/org situations
- Strong analytical skills, able to distill key insights from incomplete data
Technical / Role Depth
- Business knowledge of trends & complications of core Azure specialized compute, especially as it relates to how our customers adopt these technologies and evolve to a more cloud native mindset
- Running the business: create the program, run and iterate continuously through the onboarding of these large, sensitive customers
- Voice of the field and voice of the customer: programmatically, help design and participate in programs to gather feedback from our communities that represent the importance of our customers. You will sponsor customers to get a beat on realities on working with Microsoft.
The role is a field facing (and customer facing) role that is accountable for the end-to-end business. This role represents a strong opportunity to have direct impact on the business and technical transformation of our most important role: our CSAs!
Success in this role depends on strong collaboration across a variety of customer, partner, and internal Microsoft stakeholders. Moderate travel will be required, 20%.
- 5+ years of Program, Project or Product Management
- 8+ years of experience in sales or consulting in the enterprise segment, working directly with large customers
- 3+ years of experience in cloud implementations and architecture
- Be familiar with corporate enabling teams, field constructs and roles
- Strong exec communications and presence. Know how and when to summarize and escalate issues.
- Self directed, team player: if I don’t know how to get something done, I’ll find someone at Microsoft that does.
WCB-CSU embraces diversity and teaming is a must. We enjoy great challenges, cross company collaboration and seeing our CSA community and customers succeed. We have a start-up and challenger mind-set and are deeply passionate about our customers and our architectural standards. Our team philosophy is open and frank conversations, and everyone is empowered to make the best decisions they can.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.