|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
After decades of working together to serve our customers, SAP and Microsoft deepened their relationship by signing the Embrace initiative. Embrace, a preferred partnership between SAP and Microsoft along with a global network of system integrators, helps our customers accelerate the migration of SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA workloads from on-premises to Azure.
- Our engineering teams work together to develop joint reference architectures, product integration roadmaps, and best practices.
- Our industry-focused teams are jointly developing industry-specific transformation roadmaps.
- Our customer support teams have developed collaborative support models.
SAP on Azure is one of the fastest growing businesses inside the Azure platform, addressing the increasing customer demand to migrate critical business systems to the cloud. We are looking for a multi-faceted senior leader with deep SAP domain knowledge and experience to grow our SAP on Azure business in the UK.
You will lead the SAP strategy and execution across the Operating Unit’s (Account Teams, Sales and Services) and play a key role in developing the partnership with internal stakeholders (engineering and product leadership teams), as well as customer and partner stakeholders, both business and technical.
- Build and execute a strong plan for SAP on Azure, in collaboration with internal stakeholders, SAP and our Global Systems Integrator community.
- Support customers in driving Enterprise wide SAP on Azure Migrations, building trust with key technical decision makers and influencers across our Enterprise customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with delivery leaders from top SAP Global System Integrators, Partners, and Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS).
- Be effective at partnering with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Develop strong connections with product and engineering leaders to facilitate thought leadership with customers, and act as voice of the customer and advocate for product related feedback.
- Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient, successful and generate value for customers.
- Drive operational business excellence, including timely consumption engagement management and high-quality reporting and insights of SAP business performance.
- Directly manage a growing team of Cloud Solution Architects with deep technical expertise in Azure and SAP aligned to Enterprise customers in their respective territory.
- Coach and enable teams to accelerate SAP on Azure projects from pilot/POC to production (guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration).
- Hire, on-board, and develop SAP Cloud Solution Architects. Be able to set a clear bar for excellence and build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive.
- Lead with the Model, Coach, Care framework to support team development.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Embrace partnership, giving feedback from customers/partners and working with SAP to deliver a best practise customer engagement model.
- Contribue to the global SAP community at Microsoft, sharing customer examples and learnings. to support wider adoption of SAP on Azure.
- Be an advocate for SAP on Azure through evangelism in to external communities.
- Technical Field Experience: Extensive years of experience in technical sales, engineering or consultative delivery.
- People Management: Demonstrable years of experience in people management.
- Domain experience in SAP: Proven years of experience.
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers.
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions.
- Strong understanding of SAP portfolio of services and the Embrace partnership.
- Ability to stay up to date on new/improved workloads.
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results.
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles.
- Ability to act on Customer Escalation needs, Unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time.
- Prior work experience in other software and/or services companies such as SAP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google or SAP aligned GSIs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field (preferred).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.