|Job Type:||Full Time|
As the UK’s Government Azure Expansion Director, you are passionate about cloud and the benefits it can bring to support the largest and most complex government customers in their journey to the cloud. Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, departments and agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale.
The Azure Global Government Expansion group is focused on expanding Azure’s footprint and unlocking new Government markets. The UK Expansion Director is part of this WW group. Our focus is on “going deep” with government customers to understand their toughest mission problems and look for how Azure can solve them; and then scaling this to work to other government customers. We do this globally and work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
If so, the Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a talented individual to help define and execute on our Government expansion strategy in the U.K. You will partner closely with your colleagues, engineering, and infrastructure teams to drive adoption of Azure.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organization and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more.
The successful candidate must be customer obsessed, collaborative, and be able to apply consideration to critical problems to create outcome-oriented strategies. As a Government Expansion Direction, it will be critical to influence, engender trust and leverage long-term relationships at a time when the Government’s going through one of the most complex transformations in history, especially in this secure environment and the challenge that adds.
The U.K. Government Expansion Director will engage directly with key government customers and partners up to the CXO and 3* plus level, supporting partnerships and opportunities with tier one customers, whilst also driving large strategic and complex projects.
Customer Success Management:
- Partner with Program Stakeholders and Customers to achieve their goals for digital transformation while maximizing Microsoft’s position across the digital estate within a customer and program.
- Perform planning, development and technical orchestrion for program solutions with various product and services teams within Microsoft and its Partner Ecosystem and introduce those products and services within the region to enable customers to enhance digital transformation in alignment with customer and program outcomes.
- Provide technical direction, and solutioning large enterprise cloud implementations across multiple projects, workstreams and external and internal teams.
- Develop the region strategy and milestones to achieve success
- Develop strong internal relationships across a matrixed team of Technical Architects, Engineering, Account Teams
- Assist with technical solutions to drive annualized growth and financial performance across multiple engagements in the program.
- Manage face-to-face customer reviews with senior management and establish trusted customer relationships that enable the customer to reach success in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Provide technical guidance for the customer organisations as well though evangelising and aligning to their technical strategies (which include skills development, security, infrastructure etc.).
Winning New Business
- Work with Business Development and Capture to Identify adjacent large, multi-year opportunities with the ability to shape Enterprise Program Technical Requirements.
- Work with Engineering and technical architects on a wide range of solutions to meet customers’ requirements as a part of both formal and informal capture effort. Design, Consult, technical solutioning across a wide array of Azure programs.
- Demonstrated history of working in the defence and/or intelligence space in the UK at the CxO/board level dealing with sensitive and classified workloads
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire cross group/functional teams with a high degree of success
- Ability to recognize and act on go to market approaches, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Building long term relationships and key influencers
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of collaboratively resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- Experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Ability to meet Microsoft security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a U.K. Security Clearance (minimally Secret/Level II)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with