|Location:||Greater Manchester, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of innovation at Microsoft?
With over 3,500 global security experts, $1 billion invested annually in research and development, and the latest in AI and automation, our security is already working to help protect customers around the world and Microsoft is hiring for the Security & Compliance Technical Specialists (TS) role.
The Security & Compliance Technical Specialists main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our cybersecurity and compliance technology. You will work in a team, enabling customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Zero Trust Maturity Model and Cybersecurity Reference Architecture . TSs are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and work they are on for sales people to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft 365 and Azure sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based security and compliance technologies.
You will be the lead technical subject matter expert for cybersecurity and/or compliance within your account teams.
- You will deliver proof of Microsoft’s technology solutions to customers and secure their agreement our solutions meet the success criteria for their security, compliance and identity architecture.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead technical presentations,demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, andpilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers thecapabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make theirbusinesses more successful.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitiveand security blockers to accelerate Security, Compliance and Identity sales and customer usage.
- You will own winning the technical decisionat customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoringyour message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show ourtechnology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others atMicrosoft, as well as use our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach ofyour team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical,architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunitiesand usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions areimplemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners todrive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketingstrategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales,marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees tocontinuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills,and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared byparticipating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broaderindustry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for yourdomain.
You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Technical Solution Leader
- Security & Compliance practitioner. Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance required.
- Identity practitioner. Experienced professional conversant in cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS) required.
- Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products required.
- Practitioner mindset. Committed to knowing not just what solutions can do but practices the skills required to properly implement solutions required.
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, including cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technical breadth. Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Microsoft 365 Security, Azure Security and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10 preferred.
- Technical depth. Practical enterprise customer experience with configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security & compliance solutions as well as competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Symantec, Boldon James, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike, Arcsight, Splunk) required
- Planning for success. Drive deployment and adoption planning, using Microsoft FastTrack and partners preferred.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Outstanding written & verbal communication, collaboration, organizational, presentation, and deep technical product demo skills required.
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from both successes and failures; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.