|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
As a Strategic Account Executive at Microsoft, consider yourself the dedicated virtual CEO of an account who leads our top customer into the digital age. The Global Account Lead (CPG) at Microsoft leads the engagement with on of our most valued clients, helping them to transform into digitally led businesses. Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Executive will excel at developing and sustaining strategic relationships across leadership teams across the customers business. With an aptitude for creating a clear vision for success, they will drive revenue, adoption of our cloud platforms and market share growth for our clients by orchestrating across the global business, mobilising teams to deliver business outcomes enabled by our transformative technologies and solutions.
At Microsoft, you will find that you have autonomy and can rely on support from a team of people who are genuinely committed to helping one another; we are encouraged to share ideas and to develop other people’s ideas in turn. Our drive to ensure that our clients have great experiences is at the heart of our approach and ultimately takes us on the journey to them adopting and loving our solutions.
This so much more than selling enterprise software and cloud services – Microsoft’s mission to reinvent productivity to empower every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more means that you will be part of an organisation that achieves great things.
This job will provide you:
- An opportunity to drive change with your customer to do business like never before in a new and transformational way
- A forum to co-create the art of the possible
- The chance to lead world-class, diverse teams of digital transformation advisors, engineers, architects, and delivery teams who all have a vested interest in the customer
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Industry Business Leader
Lead with Industry - Building trusted relationships through engagements focused on driving the customer’s desired business outcomes using Microsoft technologies
- Transformation Leader
Deliver the customers business and technology outcomes reliably. Continue to lead Digital Transformation discussions with customers through best in class virtual engagements.
- Account Team Leader
Orchestrating and coordinating the team, ensuring that the best of Microsoft and our partners is brought to bear to help our customers deliver their business goals.
- Develop landing plan including field onboarding, partner disclosure, readiness, and execution
- Ensure subsidiary business owners of transformation pillars (commerce, co-sell, membership) incorporate changes within their respective planning and execution for positive business outcomes
- Determine core transformation stakeholders, define R&R, scope and role criteria and accountabilities
- Create disclosure and onboarding/transition plans to prioritize efforts with stakeholders, partner account teams, support, operations
- Drive attainment of local subsidiary change mgt KPIs/scorecard results
- Participate within the partner transformation community, share learnings, best practices
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive experience of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be strong experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customer
- Strong growth mindset. Seeks to solve for difficult and complex business and customer challenges.
- Experience working with and leading virtual teams across multiple geographic locations and domains.
- A strong consulting, business and sales background, with proven related experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the Retail/FMCG Industry either by working in or with these organisations.
- Strong relationship skills working with C-level, business decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning)
- Embody "we-before-me" mindset
- An industry mastery of any kind is required (i.e. Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy, etc.)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Background in large-scale, multi-year enterprise change management
- Executive communications, engagement and influence
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs
- Standard language for what is means to join Microsoft
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.