|Location:||City of Bristol|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Acoustics affects many aspects of our daily lives, including the comfort and performance of buildings for education, healthcare, arts, business or residential. Mott MacDonald helps clients manage acoustics, noise and vibration in their buildings in the residential, commercial, transport, education and health, municipal, sports and leisure and performing arts sectors. We also undertake noise and vibration impact assessment for transportation schemes such as road and rail.
Our services include:
- Modelling, prediction, investigation and design services to minimise noise and vibration
- Assessment and appraisal of infrastructure schemes at all stages
- Facade design to control external noise intrusion
- Sound insulation design to achieve client's privacy requirements
- Architectural acoustic design to optimise acoustic comfort
- Electro-acoustic design to enhance intelligibility of life safety communication systems
We also assist with all stages of the procurement process: encompassing initial concept, design delivery, planning, procurement and construction, assessment and mitigation of noise and vibration in new build and refurbishment, remedial works and expert witness.
We are now embarking on a period of growth for our acoustics team, and require an experienced acoustic engineer. You will be collaborating with a large team of talented acoustic engineers working on a wide array of projects mainly in the UK; some may have an international focus. We focus on career development and look to develop our employee's abilities and skills.
You will be required to undertake:
- Calculation, prediction and assessment of noise from sources such as railways, roads, power & energy projects and construction
- Noise and vibration measurement surveys
- Mitigation of noise and vibration from operational infrastructure and from construction and industrial sites
- Prediction, measurement and assessment of acoustics within buildings
- Preparation of noise input to environmental assessments
- Preparation of reports
- Good communications with other team members, other disciplines and stakeholders.
For this role you should have a strong combination of the following:
- Degree or similar in acoustics/vibration related field
- Proven technical ability in terms of problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Associate or full membership of the Institute of Acoustics
- Working in an engineering consultancy or research
- Experience in transport, industrial and/or buildings acoustics multi-disciplinary environment
- Commitment to CPD
- Working towards IEng Accreditation
- Willing and able to work within team environment and involve others where necessary
- Experience in developing relationships with colleagues and clients
- Able to contribute to technical reports including accurate reporting of surveys
- Understanding of acoustic modelling, calculations, surveys, report writing, use of MS Word and Excel
- Driving licence
A bit about us:
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.