|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you’re looking to work in a collaborative culture, solving engineering challenges at a global scale, and having a real impact in making our products better for our customers, we would love to talk to you!
We’re currently looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to work across our stack with a focus on the Frontend, working with ReactJS.
We believe in providing trust and autonomy so everyone can do their best work. From how we work to how managers support you, our goal is to provide an environment that enables you to continuously grow, ask questions and not be afraid to fail—because when we do, we see it as an opportunity to learn.
Engineering at GoCardless
The technical challenges of building GoCardless span from simplifying building banking schemes to optimising the time to render the dashboard. We’re looking for engineers to join our growing Global Network Group, where you’ll be working on problems that sit at the core of GoCardless: orchestrating and keeping track of the movement of funds, as well as building and maintaining the bank and scheme integrations that make it possible to keep our merchants’ cash flowing.
You will enjoy being a software engineer at GoCardless if:
- You’re looking to champion a great engineering culture within GC and in the wider engineering community;
- You enjoy collaborating and learning from people from various backgrounds and experiences;
- You want to feel proud of the work you’re doing and its impact on real customers.
Our engineers contribute to the engineering culture within and outside of GoCardless: they contribute to Open Source Software projects (see our Github), and share learnings in post-mortems, conferences and on our blog.
You’re not expected to have expertise in all these technologies. Members of our team have picked up the tools once they’ve started working with the team. If you’re unsure, please apply.
- You have experience building web products and services, and have an awareness of technologies across the stack.
- You adapt to new technologies and processes quickly.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and believe the best products are built through collaboration.
- You care about building reliable, well-tested systems.
- You enjoy solving problems and are happy to take initiative to find better solutions.
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting the development of team members and colleagues
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.