|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
The Ocado Smart Platform aspires to have the smartest and most technically advanced Supply Chain operation to underpin and advance its position at the forefront of the online grocery market.
In support of this mission, the supply chain simulation product helps envision the impact of functionality that has yet to be developed, experiment with different options in novel ways and push the boundaries of what can be achieved through the provision of a digital twin of the supply chain department production code. Supply chain simulation supports and influences the direction and development of supply chain by answering what-if questions with a precision and confidence that is otherwise unachievable without significant investment. It enables smarter decisions about the value and relative priority of development opportunities.
Partnering with an Engineering Team Lead, this role is a key go-to person for Supply Chain Simulation, sharing responsibility for product realisation to deliver great simulation products and solutions across supply chain. The role will provide clarity and consistency of business requirements, act as a bridge between the technical and business worlds, ensure delivery is aligned with strategic supply chain initiatives and work closely with simulation teams in other areas of the business.
You will have responsibility for
Leading & Influencing
- Partners with Engineering Team Lead(s) to create a strong sense of purpose and mission for the development team
- Acts as the go-to person for the particular supply chain product area covered by the development team
- Establishes product alignment within Technology being the voice of the vision/strategy/priorities within the division
- Champions the product vision & ensures the plan is in line with vision and goals and continues to be fit for purpose throughout roadmap delivery
- Understands how their product fits in with the broader platform
- Provides product expertise based on a sound understanding of the platform and capability requirements, signposting to technical knowledge where needed
Insight & Innovation
- Actively seeks out opportunities for incremental value in achieving product goal commitments
- Works with other PMs to continuously improve realisation processes and policies that govern it
- Monitors progress, looking for ways to improve the product & make adjustments based on strategic goals
- Leverages multiple sources of information to analyse user, system, and customer behaviour to diagnose and form clear recommendations
- Uses qualitative and quantitative methods to understand customer/business needs and opportunities, collaborating with UX and data science where appropriate.
- Experiments quickly to validate hypotheses and find fit for purpose solutions
Stakeholders & Collaboration
- Applies strong emotional intelligence when working with other teams and departments to manage interdependencies between platforms and products effectively
- Builds strong relationships with team and stakeholders - establishing methods for obtaining product feedback
- Works closely with UX teams to ensure product design is focused around usability and quality
We’d like to hear from you if you have
- Experience of simulation or supply chain development
- Applying modelling and simulation to a wide variety of application areas
- Experience in sets of highly innovative and disruptive domains
- Experience of managing and delivering high value outcomes from open-ended, research type initiatives
- Proven ability to articulate complex and nuanced insights to a wide variety of stakeholders
- An innovative and inquisitive mindset
- You contribute to being part of a high performing product teams, working alongside engineering
- You respond positively to new / changing business requirements and prioritise accordingly
- You are highly organised and able to plan, manage, track and deliver effectively
- You are assertive but diplomatic and have a bias for action, collaboration and optimism
- You proactively solve problems, facilitating decision making processes and comfortable putting together recommendations based on insights drawn from data
- Experience with managing products built by engineering teams
- Knowledge of working with multiple functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI
- Ability to work in a team effectively and / or work autonomously
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale
- Capture, documentation and communication of requirements to support product realisation
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.