|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Key Control functions for the Global Equities Product Controller and responsibilities include:
- Daily T+1 Trader P&L and Risk reporting, production, analysis, substantiation and sign off at a trader/desk level.
- Month-end close process, working with Financial Control, Valuation Control Group and Legal Entity Controllers.
- US GAAP General Ledger accuracy, LOB submission and representation in external Regulatory filings including 10Q/10K, Risk Weighted Asset (RWA) policy application and calculation.
Additionally, the product control function works with the business to help optimize RWA and Capital, Balance sheet usage and CIB Treasury funding.
The team works with Financial Control, Business Control Officers, Legal Entity Control, Market Risk, Operations and Technology to help maintain a strong control environment.
This role involves managing a team of approximately 100 individuals globally, with full accountability for the accuracy of the books and records of CIB’s Equities business. The role will also involve regular senior regulatory engagement across multiple jurisdictions, extensive people management experience, and significant influencing skills.
In addition the candidate will be the Market Risk Lead for Product Control, ensuring that throughout a period of material change in terms of the Product Control and Market Risk toolkit (Risk Central), Market Risk orchestration (notably VaR and Stress) and Market Risk Regulation (FRTB), the two functions stay aligned and are consistent in their approach towards a common set of goals.
- Product knowledge, including a thorough understanding of Equity Derivatives
- A broad-based knowledge of Market Risk. The Business is strategically transforming over the next couple of years and a good understanding of Market Risk would be very complementary to this Business Strategy
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively across functions, including the Business, Technology, Market Risk, Middle Office and beyond to provide continued momentum in what in what will be a transformational period as the Business embarks on a Strategic Re-engineering strategy across the technology footprint for P&L and Risk
- Key leadership qualities to drive the Product Control function forward with the Business in terms of this re-engineering strategy, are helping to drive the required change and importantly are bought into the strategy