|Job Type:||Full Time|
In this role you will be part of the Highways Major Project Controls Team. The principal aim of this team is to lead and deliver numerous business functions, including commercial, planning (P6 scheduling); quality; performance and continuous improvement across our major project's portfolio, that includes over £1bn (construction) of projects in the Highways England Routes to Market portfolio.
Your principal accountabilities will range depending on the services required by individual projects. These may typically include:
- Document control; managing and maintaining document registers, commercial change registers, including supporting the integration of cost, resourcing, risk, programme management;
- Providing data analysis and outputs to meet internal and client reporting requirements including produc-ing dashboards using a business intelligence product;
- Rationalising reporting, data capture and data management to provide meaningful information that will increase efficiency
- Gathering data from existing systems, process and internal workings of our business;
- Developing and providing consolidated reports/dashboards with that data and identify improvements and assist the business to deliver smarter solutions;
- Supervision of support staff to integrate the project controls function with project teams; and/or,
- Supporting or preparing Weekly/ Monthly dashboards, updates and reports from the PMO functional leads
Required criteria for ideal Project Controller:
- Relevant Degree qualified.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work as part of team.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Essential competencies / skills:
- The successful candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic and eager to play a part in a growing team. It is important that you can work autonomously, developing your own network and have good stakeholder management skills.
- Desirable academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of Power BI.
- Knowledge of earned value management.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering continuous improvement in a project environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of collaborative behaviours.
- Knowledge of risk management techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of NEC Contracts.