|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced CDM Principal Designer Advisor to resource our active portfolio of highway schemes. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing, vibrant and dynamic Roads and Advisory design team and contribute to achieving a high performing shared enterprise with our partners.
You will be based in one of our UK offices but using our go digital platforms you will be an integral part of the wider Roads & Advisory design team located around the UK.
Mott MacDonald's Highways Division delivers services across the entire project lifecycle. Whether we are planning, designing and implementing new roads, or maintaining, managing, improving and operating existing highway networks, we deliver innovation, cost certainty and added value through collaborative working with clients and a culture of continuous improvement.
The Roads & Advisory design team is based in the UK, delivering projects to clients such as Highways England and Transport Scotland. We specialise in design and construction, progressing schemes from option identification and appraisal through preliminary detail design to supervision of works on site. We also provide advice on procurement options and administer contracts from tender assessment through interim valuations to settlement of final accounts.
- Actively contributing to the Highways Division's Principal Designer Advisor Forum and leading on certain tasks and initiatives to improve health and safety performance across our project portfolio.
- Ensuring compliance with internal processes to discharge our responsibilities under the 2015 CDM Regulations.
- Promoting industry leading best practice in the reduction and elimination of hazards in our design, above the legislation requirements.
- Leading a safety and health in design culture, challenging designers to produce optimal designs.
- Innovating new ways of working in the BIM environment to capture and communicate hazards and risks.
- Working closely with Project Managers and designers to guide them with producing designs that are safe to build and maintain.
- Supporting Bid Managers in preparing responses to Health and Safety aspects of bids.
- Providing support /advice to Client bodies to assist in discharging their responsibilities.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
- Chartered with ICE, CIHT or similar recognised professional institutions.
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or related subject).
- Previous experience in highways environment with good knowledge of the hazards posed in construction and maintenance.
- Experience in applying Health and Safety legislation throughout the design process.
- Previous Principal Designer roles on highway schemes.
- Knowledge of highway design standards (DMRB) and specification (MCHW).
- A confident communicator with good verbal and writing ability.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with excellent teamwork abilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Knowledge of NEC contracts and quality requirements.
- Experienced and confident in the use of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Teams.