|Job Type:||Full Time|
Introduction to JP Morgan - CIB
JPMorgan Chase & Co is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is part of JPMorgan Chase and a leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than a hundred countries.
Our international design team of 150+ designers in 6 locations plays a key role in building customer-centric products and services for our people and clients.
Our Service Design Practice
Mission – A vibrant service practice making tangible the target CIB service experience and prototyping towards it.
Vision – Enabling the CIB business to articulate the end-to-end target service experience, co-create in a coalition of contributors, and design and prototype optimal experiences
Location - small and nimble teams in NY, London and Bournemouth
What we mean by ‘Service Design’ - Service Design utilises Design Thinking, but extends beyond this. Service Design is grounded on two fundamental dimensions:
Horizontal / end-to-end - Intentionally setting-out to understand the full end-to-end target service proposition and service experience of an organisation across all touch-points which a client or internal user client has with JPM
Vertical / full-stack organisational alignment - map and track outside-in from the desired client-experience, including the visible touch-points known and used by the end-client (aka front-stage), to the processes, people, policies, and tools required within the organisation to deliver this service experience (aka back-stage).
Important to us:
- Please include a link to your portfolio, ideally on your CV. Please note we cannot access file sharing web applications.
Purpose and meaning: helping our organization grow in understanding and use of Design to solve problems and articulate a desirable future.
- Making and learning: prototyping and testing ideas to help realise a first-class service proposition and service experiences which achieve customer and employee goals in new ways
- Culture conducive to creativity: cultivating an environment in which creative individuals thrive, while providing opportunities for others to learn more about creativity and design with the support of senior managers
Service Designers design the end-to-end journey of a service, enabling a user to achieve their goals, and the business deliver an outcome. Their work may involve the creation of, or change to processes, products, and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different areas of the business. Service Designers come from many backgrounds, and we are interested in those who, in addition to being an experienced Service Design practitioner, have depth in one or more of the following areas: Research, Visual Design & Illustration, Prototyping, Business Design and Value Proposition.
Your contribution at JPM
- With a bagful of activities and tools at-the-ready, backed-up by an understanding of end-to-end user experience and experience of the application of design thinking, you will be able to write service design project proposals, run workshops that bring the user to the centre, defining an optimum service experience
- The artefacts you produce will include Service Design Blueprints, illustrated Journey maps, and Concept Designs, Service Experience prototypes, Empathy Maps, and Value Proposition Proposals, for the creation and evolution of products and services.
- Plan, conduct, report-on, and advocate for a variety of research methodologies
- Partner with other designers from our UX team as well as technologists, product managers, and business teams on the design of our digital services and internal systems
- Coach colleagues with less experience in Service Design in the tools and tricks of your trade
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You will be experienced; under no-illusions about the challenge, but resolute to embody the change you want to see as part of a team of design-thinkers who will support one-another.
- At least two years of practical end-to-end user experience (UX) or service design experience
- Academic and applied knowledge in one of the following areas: UX, Research, Visual Design & Illustration, Prototyping, Business Design and Value Proposition.
- Hands-on experience of designing for a variety of digital touch-points and non-digital channels
- A passion for Customer Experience Design and its centrality to the future success of large organisations
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe, Sketch, InVision, or other similar tools used widely in the design community
CIB (Corporate & Investment Bank)
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
© 2020 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.