|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Credit Risk Management Support Team is part of the Private Bank Credit Operations group. This team monitors JPM Private Bank exposures secured by financial assets. The team is responsible for a wide range of functions such as administration and monitoring of PB EMEA credit facilities in line with corporate credit policy, review & monitoring of credit covenants, transaction approval and other special monitoring requirements.
The Quality Control (QC) Team is a dedicated team of specialists focused on ensuring the quality of Credit documentation supporting credit transactions. The QC Team is responsible for ensuring adherence to policy and procedures, and maintaining the highest standard of quality for our Credit documentation that is subsequently provided to clients. The functions performed by this team are critical to protecting the bank from regulatory and credit risks, and our clients’ experience. The successful Analyst exercises sound and independent judgment, has a willingness to take on projects to meet business goals, and takes ownership of tasks with a sense of urgency.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Specialist to join our Credit Quality Team. The position responsibilities include day-to-day Credit documentation quality review, facilitating cross functional meetings, providing guidance and consultation to data owners, and working collaboratively with stakeholders and management to ensure quality performance is monitored, communicated and implemented in accordance with firm policies and standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Audit and perform Quality Review of Credit documentation in English, Italian and Spanish.
- Review legal documentation that is prepared by outside attorneys.
- Audit and perform Quality Review of Credit documentation for Mortgages
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of the quality program and engineer process changes when needed;
- Provide general assistance to data owners and approvers;
- Interpret firm policies and compliance requirements for incorporation into company systems/procedures;
- Participate as required to meet schedules or resolve problems at peer level;
- Additional responsibilities assigned by management which may include assistance with process transfers, partner communications, maintenance of quality agreements, etc.
- Experience within a financial institution in legal documentation, audit, and/or experience in reviewing and checking credit/loan documentation to ensure accuracy and quality of documentation;
- Previous experience in Credit Middle Office, credit documentation, Audit or control function is an advantage;
- Strong grasp of the lending/credit/securities/underwriting/mortgages market
- Sound knowledge of credit and lending products in European countries (e.g. United Kingdom and Italy or France);
- Good knowledge of EMEA mortgages an advantage
- Understanding of credit related legal risks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, dynamic and changing team environment is essential;
- Strong solution based problem solving and analytical skills, able to add value rather than just accept the status-quo;
- Maintain a control mind-set, identify process efficiencies;
- Strong Word, Excel and Access skills an advantage;
- Fluency in English, Italian and Spanish. Any additional language skills advantageous.
- Relevant degree (such as law/finance) or professional qualification (such as CeMAP) would be advantageous.