|Job Type:||Full Time|
Shift: 42 hour contract with a 7 on 7 off shift pattern including days, nights and weekends. Our day shifts start at 07:00-19:00 and our night shifts starts at 19:00 - 07:00.
Salary: £27,503 per annum
Ocado is a rapidly growing online grocer and we are looking for a NVQ level Engineering Technician to work in our highly automated warehouse located in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity which includes gaining experience and developing your skills to potentially develop into the Trainee Engineer role. You will also benefit from high quality training and mentoring.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Actioning repairs diagnosed from production related breakdowns. Working closely with Inbound Operations Team and Operation Managers to ensure the uptime of the cranes improves
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- NVQ level qualification
- Analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred
What will I get in return?
- Job security in a rapidly growing Company
- Pension - Ocado matches up to 7% of pay
- Genuine career development in the UK
- Free uniform and tools provided.
- Training and technical development
- Share schemes
- Free shares issued annually
- Buy as You Earn - buy shares through your wages (tax and ni free)
- Share Save (SAYE) - offered annually
- Life Assurance - 3 x basic salary
- Online access to GP via Axa Digital GP app - for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Programme with 8 free counselling sessions
- Heavily discounted onsite company shop with up to 70% off - meat, fish, ready meals, snacks, fruit, vegetables, bread, cupboard items, household
- Plus many more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.