|Job Type:||Full Time|
The role is within the FX Services Technology team which rolls up to the Macro eTrading group. The team provides innovative technology solutions for internal and external clients across multiple JP Morgan lines of business through the provision of APIs and services to capture, price and execute FX transaction flows. This includes best-in-class products for Custody FX and FX Payments flows with significant transaction volumes.
The global team consists of people based in London, New York, Bournemouth, Houston, Singapore and India.
We are looking for hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. Ideal candidates should have strong computer science foundations and be able to work across different platforms and languages. Candidates should be inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse. Focus on innovation and quality of solutions should be demonstrated by their contributions in previous professional roles or projects (either academic or personal).
Specifically you can expect to:
- Design technology solutions on different scales with specific emphasis on cloud technology
- Be mindful of cost/benefit analysis in everything they do
- Advise management and project managers on build or buy decisions - and will have autonomy to make these decisions within existing technical business context
- Cut code to deliver enhanced functionality across our suite of in-house components and applications
- Produce documentation for other technologists, users and support
- Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes including waterfall and agile.
- Be involved in requirements gathering and business analysis tasks
- Co-ordinate systems integration test with other teams
- Substantial experience with software design and senior development skills in a time critical environment
- Python - strong core understanding
- Competent with developing highly multithreaded, highly scalable, concurrent applications
- Experience in optimizing/profiling, multithreading
- Experience of multi-tier architectures
- Test driven development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational ability, time and project management skills to juggle many priorities
- Ability to own multiple streams of work and to organize self and others to deliver in a timely fashion
- Messaging middleware, IBM MQ or other, in the context of event driven reactive systems
- Oracle SQL, Unix Scripting
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.