|Job Type:||Full Time|
Salary: Dependant on experience, plus excellent benefits including final salary pension, free travel on TPE services and discounted travel with other train operating companies
Do you have drive, enthusiasm, great communication skills and are a whizz with technology? If yes, then come and join our awesome, award-winning team and help us to take the North further.
We are an intercity train company that connects the key cities and major towns in the North of England and Scotland. The North is a vibrant place to live and work and here at TransPennine Express our services are helping to keep the country moving through these extraordinary times we find ourselves in.
We are looking for a proactive Customer Communications Manager, eager to make an impact. You will lead a team to ensure that all customer-facing communication and information is clear and concise and easy to understand. You will lead the delivery of our customer information plan at local, regional and national levels. You will work with other rail companies and the wider rail industry to co-ordinate information ahead of planned disruption and in times of emergencies.
You will report directly into the Head of Communications and work alongside a dedicated communications team as well as being an integral part of the Customer Experience Directorate and our railway family.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading the implementation of the Customer Information Strategy, regularly reviewing against wider communication objectives
- Leading TPE's compliance with regulatory requirements national policies and procedures including Passenger Information During Disruption (PIDD) working alongside the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) and other national bodies
- Managing the delivery of customer information via a number of growing digital communications channels – on-board and on-station systems, help points and web-based information systems
- Working collaboratively with industry partners to provide customer and colleague communication of infrastructure development projects and engineering possessions
- Managing the production of accurate timetable data and ensure this is communicated in a timely manner in line with wider rail industry standards
- Ensuring that all customer information materials are accessible and customer friendly
- Leading innovative customer communication working alongside the wider rail industry and benchmarking against customer needs
- Line management responsibility for Customer Information Team
- Providing out of hours cover as part of an on call rota
You will also be involved in working on the North of England rail improvement programme, in conjunction with Network Rail and Northern Rail so some knowledge of rail would be beneficial.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent communication and influencing skills
- Is highly skilled at using and implementing digital customer communication systems across a wide network while working alongside other industry models
- Has a drive to succeed, an innovative and proactive approach and has great enthusiasm with an eye for detail
- Is a strong team player that will help to support the wider TPE team
- Can confidently manage a small team
- Some knowledge of rail and the timetable planning process would be beneficial, but is not essential
If you are interested in joining us, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply please complete an online application and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role.
As part of working for the rail network, TransPennine Express operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a drug and alcohol screen and provide two satisfactory employment references.