Last updated 25 minutes ago
Role Title: Relationship Manager
Business: Global Private Bank
New or Existing Role- Replacement
- We are seeking an experienced banker to help us develop and grow our Private Banking business across the North West of England.
- The role holder will be principally based in the Manchester office but is expected to work flexibly and remotely across the North West of England. They will report to the Regional Head, North and Midlands.
- When this role is filled, the team in the North West will comprise 2 Relationship managers
- The target market for the role holder will be UK Resident and UK Domiciled clients with investable assets of between $5m and $30m.
- The principal purpose is to provide wealth management services to these high-net-worth individual clients through the marketing of HSBC Private Bank services.
- It is a requirement to establish new client relationships and manage existing clients in order to generate new Assets Under Management (AUM) and increase overall portfolio revenues.
- The role holder will achieve this via a mixture of internal referrals as well as self generating leads from their own external introducer network
- The role holder will work alongside Investment Specialists, Strategic Financial Planners and Credit Specialists to deliver outstanding service and product solutions to the clients of HSBC Private Bank in Scotland
Impact on the Business:
- Grow revenue, increase AUM of portfolio and increase inflows of net new money (NNM), achieving growth by leveraging brand, internal collaboration channels and RM’s own referral network.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Has regular contact and meetings with clients.
- Provides support to client’s portfolio management.
- Works with the Investment Specialist to ensures the client’s objectives are met through the portfolio allocation.
- Ensures clients understand and are aware of their level of risk.
- With the Investment Specialist, reviews portfolios on a regular basis and develops client’s profitability.
- Identifies opportunities to meet the credit needs of clients seeking secured and unsecured loans for a variety of purposes.
- Resolve basic enquiries, answers questions and provides documentation on client activities.
- Delivers fair outcomes for our clients and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Identifies client’s financial planning needs and makes introductions to the Strategic Financial Planning (SFP) team.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead by example through financial results with excellent corporate behaviour.
- Provide assistance to fellow Relationship Managers.
- Bring motivation and support to the Regional Head.
- Work closely with other Bank Departments.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Works closely with other Bank Departments to maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Ensures follow-up on all risk and compliance issues (such as CCR, KYC, Compliance requests, Risk Management requests, Internal Audit requests).
- Minimize operational losses
- Highly organized with a willingness to work under own supervision and remote from immediate line manager.
- Manage a portfolio of between 10 and 50 family Relationships.
- Ability to travel to meet clients and internal stakeholders.
- Manage own time to meet demanding new client acquisition objectives.
- Represent the Private Bank with internal stakeholders and in the professional community across the North West of England
- Work as part of a highly effective client team.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
- This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.