|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ocado's CFC6 located in Bristol will be our first ‘mini’ Customer Fulfilment Centre and now the senior leadership team is in place, we are ready to start building the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a pre-go live environment as we prepare the site for launch, enabling you to influence ways of working and contribute to achieving a positive employee experience by providing visible leadership.
Working as part of a tiered management team, you will be responsible for supporting the day to day delivery of Customer Fulfilment tasks that enable the accurate and efficient control of stock and assets as they flow through the warehouse. You will provide technical expertise and facilitate the monitoring of operational processes and procedures that support the operational team to deliver maximum client and customer value.
What will you be doing?
Living and breathing our 5 Pillars - Safety, People, Customer Quality, Delivery, Cost - you will provide motivation and drive excellence in all that we do.
Safety - Demonstrate and lead a positive Health and Safety culture at work, maintaining exceptional Health and Safety standards across the site and operating region.
People - Create and maintain a great environment to attract, on-board and retain the right people as well as lead your teams to foster a culture of respect, identity, loyalty, trust and aspiration where people are engaged and motivated to commit to Ocado and our values. Key people KPIs will be a vital focus, as will developing your people and actively participating in employee engagement initiatives.
Customer and Cost - Ensure stock is handled correctly, accurately and efficiently. Maintain a cause and effect approach to reduce and resolve exceptions that prevent stock from being available for customer orders. Day to day auditing of critical control processes that maintain CFC standards and food safety. Govern the processes that manage returning stock, both back to supplier and to the CFC.
Delivery - Manage, motivate and support your team members to manage supplier deliveries and asset collections as well as enabling a smooth flow and balanced use of space. Work with members of the Engineering Teams to help triage their planned workload, safeguarding operational needs during planned maintenance and proactive repairs and use reporting tools to generate data that can provide useful insight and supports decision making that best protects customer fulfilment
- Previous experience in a 24/7 inventory support, stock control or operational environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage to tight deadlines
- Passion for dealing with people and focus to achieve employee satisfaction
- Possess an analytic approach to problem solving and a high attention to detail
- Ability to influence key decisions at management level
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- High levels of Microsoft/Google package literacy
- Ability to clearly report reliable results
- Experience of working with performance metrics
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Working knowledge of computerised warehouse management systems
- Knowledge of our Stock Availability systems and processes
- Working knowledge of food safety systems
- IOSH qualified
What else do you need to know?
You will also be expected to:
- Undertake tiered management/personal shopper tasks if the need arises
- Stand/walk for extended periods
- Lift objects weighing up to 30kg (periodically) from the floor to shoulder height
- Wear protective equipment to ensure requisite standards of health and safety are maintained
- Train to use Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Work in environments ranging in temperature from 30℃ to -30℃
- Support other sites from time to time to support the needs of the business
- Follow a shift pattern working any 4 out of 7 night shifts (including weekends) in an operational 24/7 environment. Shifts are 12 hours in length and your start time will vary depending on the area in which you are working.
We are currently offering a very competitive salary for this role which is dependent on previous experience. As this is a night shift role, you will also receive an additional night shift premium on top of this.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.