|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB – Business Intelligence Group – Data Analyst – Associate
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
This is a highly visible role within a specialized team of data analysts, The role will require analytical insight, strong data discipline, sound understanding of technology, keen business acumen, and an entrepreneurial spirit to execute. Strong communication skills and the ability to bridge the gap between technology and business is a must. The role also provides the opportunity to learn and develop skills in cutting edge datra analysis and visualization tools as well as Cloud technology.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Define and maintain data taxonomy of key business metrics
- Understand and refine current data architectures to persist critical business data across all business lines
- Work with desk and business heads to understand critical metrics and relevance to their business strategy
- Develop predictive analytics to detect changes in data patterns that may be precursor to changes in our business
- Pro-actively driving adoption and rollout of business intelligence tools and data API’s.
- Drive standardization across processes and reporting. Suggest and implement controls to improve efficiency & accuracy of existing processes
- Develop and enhance existing key MIS performance analytics and reporting
- Highly adept and passionate about working with data
- Adept user of business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau / Alteryx
- Light coding ability in script languages such as Python
- Good understand of relational database and data query languages such as SQL
- Knowledge of statistics and basic machine learning a plus
- Macro business knowledge required, ideally Rates