|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a key member of the J.P. Morgan Mansart Middle Office team, you'll be responsible for delivering end to end fund management support and act as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders and external counterparts.
J.P. Morgan Mansart Management Limited is a specialist asset management business affiliated with the J.P. Morgan Corporate Investment Bank (CIB), and wholly owned by JP Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Mansart Management Limited offers passive fund management, access to third party alternative managers and solutions through a wealth of innovative fund products, which are designed to meet the requirements of a variety of institutional and high net worth investor clients. Through these fund products, access is provided to a broad spectrum of asset classes, leading alternative manager strategies as well as a variety of risk and investment profiles.
The J.P. Morgan Mansart team consists of highly qualified and experienced professionals, including Portfolio Managers, Structurers, Control Managers, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Middle Office specialists.
The successful candidate will join the Mansart Middle Office team delivering end to end fund management support to Portfolio Managers, Structurers, Technology and Controllers as well as being a main point of contact with external parties and counterparts.
The role provides the opportunity to gain invaluable insights into fund management and Investment Bank Middle Office Operations, with unique exposure to Front, Middle and Back Office teams and external providers. The role will provide an opportunity to develop a deep understanding of products, internal systems, processes and support teams from both buy and sell side.
Candidates will need to have a clear understanding of a middle office operational support role and knowledge of the funds product, NAV calculation, collateral and reconciliation processes would be advantageous. The primary functions will focus on day to day management of a portfolio of funds and their lifecycle, alongside opportunities to participate in project initiatives and play a key role in developing new processes and delivering automation solutions.
- End to end management of portfolio of funds including assets and transactions lifecycle management, NAV reconciliation and validation, collateral management, cash and securities reconciliation, fees and invoice management, corporate action and settlements management, and regulatory reporting oversight.
- Management of the lifecycle of the managed funds and accounts including accounts opening and closure, primary liaison with service providers and coordination of JPM internal set-up for new fund launches and/or termination including review of funds documentation (legal, tax, etc).
- Maintenance of data published on Mansart web-site.
- Partnering with counterparties and external providers (custodians, fund administrators, data providers and other agents).
- Maintenance of the end to end operating model, with a strong focus on a well-controlled environment and scalability, in order to support the Portfolio Managers and Structurers as well as Legal, Controllers and Technology on an on-going basis.
- Ensuring continuity and robustness of operational processes, controls and escalations.
- Identifying, owning and driving process improvement projects for the business, including managing/supporting projects and collaborating with various partners in Operations, Technology and Project Management teams.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Team player and adaptable to a changing environment
- Excellent analytical, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, drive efficiency, anticipate potential issues and identify solutions
- Ability to own and manage concurrent assignments effectively and efficiently
- Proficiency with Microsoft products – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience and technical competency with self solve tools such as Alteryx would be advantageous