|Job Type:||Contract/Temp, Part Time|
Vaultex is the UK’s leading cash processing company with sites nationwide. As a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC, we process in excess of £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and customers, adhering to standards set by the Bank of England and the Note Circulation Scheme. If laid end-to-end, the note inflow we process would stretch to the moon and back!
Our mission to deliver best-in-class integrated cash management is underpinned by pinpoint accuracy and the design of bespoke solutions for our customers. As an award-winning employer focused on enabling on-going professional development and a healthy work-life balance, we believe in giving our staff a career and not just a job.
Learn more about us at: https://vaultexuk.com/about-us/
We are looking for an AP Clerk to join the finance team. You will provide day to day support to the Accounts Payable team ensuring effective management of suppliers, including full ownership of billing issues, queries/disputes and will actively strive for improvement.
The main responsibilities will be to ensure all supplier accounts and expense processes are completed accurately and on time to meet payment deadlines and that adherence to the company expense policy is met by employees.
The AP Clerk will ensure all invoices are authorised via purchase orders, correctly coded and processed to enable payment to the agreed terms, and accurate statement reconciliations are completed for all suppliers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all suppliers (internal and external) are actively managed to minimise issues and disputes and ensure timely payment
- Ensure all processes are completed within relevant time frames to allow regular payment runs to be completed as required
- Processing of regular payment runs
- Ensure all invoices and expenses are appropriately authorised and coded before payment
- Ensure the reconciliation of supplier accounts to ensure all costs are accounted for appropriately.
- Actively manage and minimise the outstanding items and aged creditor results
- Ensure accurate and reliable financial information is provided within appropriate deadlines both internally and externally
- Look for continual improvements in the processes and management information produced and continual improvements in supplier management and drive any cost efficiencies
- Help to maintain the team’s policies & procedures and ensure that they are relevant and in line with current practice
- Undertake any duties consistent with the position
Why should you apply?
- We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status. As such, we have a great range of benefits, which include:
- A generous company pension- all employees are auto-enrolled onto a scheme whereby 4% from your salary is matched with a 10% employer contribution (other options available)
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- 21 days annual leave, with an option to buy additional holidays (pro rata part time)
- Group life assurance
- Performance related bonus (pro rata part time)
- VaulteXtra – offering discounts on various retailers, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Flex Membership, Cash-back on purchases, re-loadable cards to spend in store and eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling
- Robust learning and development department offering opportunities for career progression.
- A company culture underpinned by our CSR programme which welcomes and rewards innovative ideas, outreach into the community through charity work, and a celebration of our diverse workforce.
Skills / Experience Required
- Technically Competent;
- Effective Communicator
- Strong inter-personal skills – confidence in dealing with a wide range of people;
- Decisive with an ability to work independently and prioritise workloads & meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good appreciation of control environment
- Experience of purchase ledger processing, including purchase orders
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Experience of MS Dynamics GP is an advantage, but is not essential
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!