An opportunity for a Head of Rosters has arisen within the UK Rail team based at Ferrybridge. Reporting to the Planning and Resourcing Director, you will manage the roster teams across the country.
Key responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for managing staff in all roster sections;.
- Look to drive efficiencies, improve performance/reliability, creating best practise;.
- Ensuring adherence to company and industry operating standards, policies and
- Assist in the formulation of depot base rosters and propose alterations to base rosters to
meet business needs;
- Strategic planning of traincrew resources;
- Manage equalisation of driver annualised contract hours;
- Manage driver supply against driver demand for all commodities;
- Attend regular meetings with operations teams and infrastructure planning team.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A good knowledge of freight train operations with a sound knowledge of railway geography.
- Excellent knowledge of train crew rostering and associated operating standards and
conditions of service.
- Post holder must be extremely well organised and self-motivated.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Proven people management skills and experience.
- A competitive salary
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts
- Training and development opportunities. We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.
Proud to be a Work 180 endorsed employer:
Freightliner is proud to partner with WORK180 as an Endorsed Employer for Women. WORK180 is the only platform that pre-screens employers to see how well they support women’s careers.