|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk (CCOR) Program sets forth JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s (JPMC’s) second line of defense coverage of compliance, conduct, and operational risk. CCOR establishes policies and standards which set forth the requirements for the LOBs and Corporate Functions regarding the management of compliance, conduct, and operational risk and enables oversight and independent assessment over compliance, conduct and operational risks inherent within the firm’s activities.
CCOR uses the results of risk assessments to identify heightened areas of compliance, conduct, and operational risk to independently monitor the risks and test the effectiveness of controls within the LOBs and Corporate Functions. CCOR informs the firm of compliance, conduct, and operational risk levels and provides associated second line of defense support to all areas of the firm (except Audit). These activities include raising issues for the first line of defense to remediate through action plans and reviewing KRI and KPI thresholds. CCOR leverages a centralized strategy for metrics and dashboard reporting to support these activities.
Operational Risk Management (ORM) is a function within CCOR that is responsible for developing the Firmwide Operational Risk Management Framework (“ORMF”) and overseeing its implementation across all Lines of Business (“LOBs”) and Corporate Functions (“CFs”). Corporate Functions Operations Risk Officer (ORO) is part of CCOR and maintains independence from the LOB's and Corporate Functions by reporting directly to JPMC Chief Risk officer. ORO is responsible for escalation of new or emerging risks or issues as appropriate. They operate per the six tenants of the CCOR program i.e. Govern, Identify, Measure, Monitor & Test, Manage and Report.
The VP role will be part of the team responsible for independent assessment and oversight of the execution of the CCOR activities for the Finance, CIO, Treasury and Other Corporate (CTC)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand the key processes and controls performed for the coverage area across the function.
- Perform independent assessment of operational risks through ORM’s monitoring program (e.g. Significant Event Reviews, Targeted Risk Assessment Reviews, KPIs / KRIs, Qualitative Operational Risk Appetite, Independent Risk Management Assessments).
- Calibrate view points and present findings to the 1st Line of Defense (“LOD”) and ORM
- Partner with 1st LOD and CCOR to strengthen the operational risk environment of the firm using analytics, independent challenge.
- Develop and/or challenge KPIs / KRIs related to this risk through effective monitoring and testing.
- Proactively analyze operational risks to identify and make recommendations for process or control changes and system enhancements.
- Prepare and/or review operational risk materials for Functional Control Committees, Rep Letter signoff, etc.
- Lead or participate in operational risk initiatives or technology projects across Corporate and Firmwide Finance and other business partners, as assigned.
- 6+ years of experience in financial services industry is required; specific experience in Finance, Treasury, Capital Management, Resolution and Recovery or related area is a plus.
- Experience in Treasury and Finance specific functions e.g. Financial / Product Control, Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Capital Reporting (CCAR, ICAAP), Resolution and Recovery, Treasury Middle office is preferable
- Understanding of Financial Services regulations, Regulatory Reporting and Accounting standards with the experience of interactions with regulators is a plus
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree; plus in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- Working experience with Big 4 audit firms is preferable
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Organizational and Behavioral
- Develop constructive relationships with functional partners.
- Ability to lead and independently present Operational Risk Assessment for the function to regulators and Senior Business Leads in LOB
- Proven ability to anticipate, identify, and analyze risks and effective mitigation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature, and comfortable challenging current practices.
- A high-level of attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong negotiation / influencing skills.
- Drive and deliver results with limited supervision.