|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Operations Control Manager - Executive Director, you'll be responsible for leading and building out an enhanced control framework which supports a continuous and integrated approach to risk assessment. Additionally, you will provide execution of the Control Management framework for Markets Operations, and governance of input representing Markets Operations into the broader CIB Controls framework.
- Create a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Execution of the Control Management framework for Markets Operations, including analysis and presentation of materials for the Markets Operations monthly control forum, bi-weekly Operating Metrics Meeting, and weekly Control Mangement senior manager meeting.
- Accurate and timely input representing Markets Operations into the CIB Governance team covering weekly CIB Control meetings, monthly CIB Business Control Committee meetings, and where relevant, the Firmwide Control Committee, ensuring consistency of communication and appropriate escalation of material incidents
- Deliver materials related to Regulatory Engagements for Markets Operations, ensuring consistency and cohesive responses to the regulator(s)
- Track and govern targeted Control Reviews and gap analyses across Markets Operations
- Define, develop and publish standardized control and operating metrics (KPIs, KRIs), working in partnership with Reporting & Analytics colleagues
- Drive consistency of application of corporate control framework, and read-across of similar issues across Markets Operations groups
- Engage with control colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators and technology control functions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective communication to MD level including concise summary of events, impacts and remediations.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills and ability to build and influence partnerships across global teams and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as great attention to detail
- Effective time management and prioritization skills, ability to work in a busy environment and effectively manage multiple deadlines
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), and automation/visualization tools such as Alteryx, Tableau