|Job Type:||Full Time|
WPO – Business Insights & Diagnostics Lead – Associate (602) - Bournemouth
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Wholesale Payments Operations (WPO) is part of the Digital & Platform Services organization in the Corporate & Investment Bank. WPO supports Payments, Receivables, and Trade Finance Products and acts as the payment hub for JPMorgan Chase, across the firm’s business lines. WPO consists of 5,500 employees across 60 sites and supports 142k corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities domiciled in over 180 countries. On average, WPO processes 30.1MM transactions daily across 122 currencies valued at $3.2T.
Wholesale Payments Operations and the Payments industry as a whole are undergoing significant amounts of change and disruption – industry, technology, and organizational. It is critical to develop and execute on a strategy that will enhance the organization’s business and operational model and position it for continued success.
We are seeking an Senior Associate level candidate to lead diagnostics initiatives across the WPO organization. The role will report directly to the Business Insights & Diagnostics Lead within Wholesale Payments Operations – Strategy & Innovation Team. The successful candidate will build and leveraging sophisticated diagnostics toolsets, identifying insights, developing transformation opportunities across WPO. This role will interact and collaborate with Operations Leaders and their respective organizations, key partners across Digital & Platform Services including Operations Transformation, Data Science, Technology and Business colleagues.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated individual with advanced analytics, problem solving, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leverage diagnostic toolsets including (taxonomy, workforce discovery, digital process discovery, process mapping, manual touchpoints, and email rationalization) to gain insight into what WPO does and how it is performed.
- Lead data analysis and bring order to the various separate diagnostic datasets to connect them together to generate and deliver insights to key stakeholders.
- Simultaneously work on multiple initiatives including following in the next 6 months:
I. Taxonomy – Uplift across WPO to new BCT 2.0 standard and partner with broader stakeholders across Controls, Product & Pricing, and Strategy teams in terms of the definitions to describe capabilities consistently across 8.5K employees. Build the associated tooling to manage the process efficiently and effectively for process owner and operational users.
II. WADU Insights: Partnering with Data Science and Operational Leads to stand up and scale analysis and actionable insights with business leaders.
- What are the questions operational teams need to ask themselves
- What key themes or best practice can be shared?
- How can we measure the impact?
III. Process Mapping:
- Build a repeatable/ evergreen Catalogue aligned to the taxonomy of process mappings (Syntel, Signavio) across WPO. Correlate to the broader Diagnostics tool set.
- Lead programs and partner with key stakeholder for distinct LOB’s to map operational processes e2e within Signavio, with a further distinct focus on process improvement whilst going through the process.
IV. Data Visualization: Run point on initiatives and stand up tableau dashboard views related to Manual Touch Points & Taxonomy
Skills Required / Qualifications
- Strong analytics experience – Alteryx, Excel
- Strong data visualization – Tableau (Preferred) / Qlik
- Complex problem-solving skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to build relationships with and influence colleagues and partners
- Confident communicator with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal and written updates
- Superior execution skills
- Strong risk and control mindse