|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald has a strong track record in delivering Project Management, Strategic Consultancy and Technical Advisory commissions for a variety of large public and private sector clients. Our clients are delivering large programmes of regeneration, innovation and efficiency and require an organisation with core skills and attributes aligned to this. Due to our continued success, we currently have a rapidly expanding workload and are seeking to recruit highly motivated individuals to join our team of professionals across our Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle offices. The role offers excellent career development opportunities in a high performing team and will appeal to those experienced construction professionals who wish to be part of an exciting and diverse organisation.
First and foremost, our clients require professionals who are forward thinking, proactive and innovative. Therefore, as a member of our Project Management/Advisory Team you will work to deliver key building and infrastructure projects from inception to handover and completion. This will include activities from formal scheme definition, inventive options appraisal, deliverable feasibility studies, design development through to consideration of procurement routes and contract administration.
You will liaise closely with our client's multiple stakeholders, co-ordinate multi-disciplinary design teams, manage and oversee the production of reports and procurement tender documents, monitor project cost, contingency, risk and programme/schedule, all adopting our integrated quality, safety and environmental management system.
As a key member of the project team, our design/technical teams will look to you for strategic direction. You will liaise directly and collaborate with the client, project sponsors and key stakeholders when necessary. As such, this is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to broaden their knowledge and application within the construction market.
* A degree in an engineering or construction related discipline
* A chartered member, or equivalent industry experience, of a recognised construction related organisation or project management institution
* Experience in the effective management of individuals and multidisciplinary teams, with the ability to lead and mentor junior staff
* Demonstrable experience of successful project delivery to programme
* An analytical thinker, capable of developing wide ranging, incisive solutions
* Experienced in chairing internal and external meetings, including client and stakeholder meetings;
* Knowledge and experience of working contracts
* Ability to set up, monitor and control project cost budgets
* Experience and ability to prepare detailed project programmes
* Experience of managing, implementing and operating multiple projects in line with integrated quality, safety and environmental management systems
* Experience of operating as design team leader, ideally for multidisciplinary projects
* Knowledge and experience of risk management in project delivery
* Experience of developing strong internal and external relationships
* Demonstratable experience of managing projects throughout its lifecycle