|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
Job Title: UC Deployment Engineer
Location: UK, remote working, (Home-Based)
Here at Poly we make technology that powers human connection that simply works, then steps out of the way. We’re changing how the world communicates and collaborates and we need you.
As the UC Deployment Engineer, you will be expected to operate independently (in parallel with the Project Manager and Solution Consultant) during the installation and will develop relationships with technical peers in the client organization, remotely or onsite with customers during deployments.
Your goal is to promote best practice through service product knowledge, opportunity awareness and exceptional service delivery and support to our customers and partners. You will work on projects with medium to high scope where analysis of client requirements, post deployment troubleshooting or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and have internal and external contacts. You will be expected to work maturely, engaged, independently and in a proactive manner.
What you’ll do :
- UC Deployment Engineer will serve as a primary technical contact for remote delivery of Poly services supporting voice and video communications for Poly and supported third party solutions.
- Provide pre-implementation consultations to align Poly products and services to the customer use cases
- Coordinate technical resources internally and externally as needed to complete service delivery
- Able to present and communicate clearly with clients on the technical details required for Poly, Microsoft Teams, Blue Jeans, WebEx, Zoom and other third-party communications systems
- Provide remote system administration and support for moves/adds/changes impacting UC voice and video environments
- Install, troubleshoot, and upgrade software for UC Voice provisioning servers with Poly on premise and cloud-based services.
- Troubleshoot basic networking and security traversal issues that arise during design, implementation and support of UC services
- Consult with design and implementation of third-party SIP integration with Poly on-premise and cloud-based solutions.
- Review error messages and log files to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during installation, migration and upgrades.
- Work with Tier 2 & Tier 3 Support teams to escalate customer issues and provide hot fixes.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all project and service work performed.
- Provide appropriately detailed and timely project updates to internal and external stakeholders
- As a person you feel confident with:
- Working in a fast-paced customer focused environment.
- People oriented and a team player
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Strong communication skills, ability to build and maintain relationships
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Ideally educated to a degree level in a technical field or equivalent
- Have good knowledge of Operating systems and IT infrastructure (both desktop and server)
- Operating System Skills – Microsoft Servers/Active Directory/Exchange
- Network skills
- Working experience with customer services in direct customer facing role.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Azure AD, current Microsoft Certifications (MCSA or higher) is desired.
- TCP/IP networking skills required, current Cisco Certification (CCNA or higher) is desired.
- Experience with voice and video using SIP and H.323 standards, including experience with SIP trunks and firewall traversal.
- Experience with Session Border Controllers and Media Gateways (AudioCodes, Avaya, Sonus) is a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer focus and adaptability.
- Ability to be self-motivated, pro-active and to work in a small team
- Good fault-finding skills with logical approach to problem determination
- French Speaking would be advantageous!
- Microsoft FastTrack or Office 365 training/certification
- Working knowledge of SfB, O365 and Microsoft Teams
- MCSA / MCSE
- CCNA or working towards
- Teams Admin Certification
- Prior experience of Poly or competitors video solutions
Thrive at Poly because you are joining:
A global team, united by our innovative products, making an impact toward creating amazing new ways to hear, to see, to work, and to work together.
A company who believes a distributed workforce is the present and the future. We leverage our great products, so employees can work in an environment that makes them most connected and productive, no matter where they are.
People who are passionate about creating excellence – for our customers, and for each other. We’re in this adventure together!
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
We give you the opportunity to drive your career and development as you want it to. We will also offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme as well as a variety of flexible benefits to suit you that include annual leave, pension scheme, Life Assurance, Dental, and Medical etc.
Your application may be subject to a background check, in accordance with local legislation.