|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Employee Relations Partner (Case Manager) role sits within the firm wide Employee Relations organisation – which is a Center of Excellence within HR.
This position will be aligned to employee cases across all lines of business (LOB).
- To case manage, Grievance & Disciplinary cases end to end through all the key stages of a case (preparation/investigation, hearing and closing) providing effective advice, resolution and remediation for all lines of business in EMEA.
- To carry out balanced investigations that consider the voice and evidence of all parties fairly and thoroughly
- To provide key stakeholder updates to HR, clients and other partners in line with our ER protocols, to manage these updates efficiently and effectively.
- To form effective partnerships with the Control functions, to be able to challenge constructively and be seen as an employee advocate
- In dispositioning serve as a Trusted Advisor by providing insight to clients/Independent Hearing Managers to assess issues/potential risks and recommend actions to reach balanced solutions. Effectively influence all employee and manager (all levels); serve as a sounding board and confidante during difficult ER interactions.
- Provide guidance to managers on complex ER questions or situations.
- Provide independent, balanced support for employees that raise complaints/concerns or have allegations raised against them.
- To be a Change Champion through fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Previous in-depth experience of HR/ER Case Manager experience which includes advising on and investigating ER matters; experience in Financial Services preferred.
- Strong knowledge of UK employment law and respective regulations
- Proven ability to prioritise and multi-task in a highly regulated, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage a high volume of cases and make sound judgements under significant pressure
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay complex and detailed information in a simple and concise manner in both written and verbal formats
- Effective partnership skills with the ability to influence at all levels and roles in the Firm including HR colleagues and senior leaders
- Strong investigatory skills, including: analytical thinking, the ability to systematically organize, compare, and evaluate various aspects of a situation to identify key information, disciplined and relevant root-cause analysis and risk mitigation, ability to ask pertinent, probing questions and follow up review to drive results
- Able to quickly size up a complex people/business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound recommendations.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.