Salary: £19.1k - £22.7k (dependent on skills and experience)
Location: Burgess Hill Depot
There is an opportunity for the position of Depot Clerk supporting all processes based at Burgess Hill Depot.
- The depot administration team plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of Burgess Hill depot activities, providing support in a professional manner and taking responsibility for effectively completing tasks in accordance with set timescales.
- As Depot Clerk you will be a good team worker, capable of working to tight deadlines and responding to changing priorities at short notice.
- You will be prepared to take the initiative to minimise or prevent anticipated problems and must always be committed to providing excellent levels of customer service.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- An ability to communicate effectively and politely, both verbally and in writing with employees, managers and customers within and outside the Company.
- A neat and accurate worker, you will be computer literate, ideally being competent in Microsoft software packages such as Word and Excel.
- You will also be a competent operator of other key office equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of general administration processes within a depot environment would be an advantage.
- Ideally you will have experience of current systems and work processes within a Gas Operations environment.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…