|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently seeking a skilled Coachbuilder/Bodymaker to join our busy Engineering team in Weston-super-Mare
Coachbuilders are an essential part of our team who ensure that all our vehicles are in a safe and roadworthy condition for our customers.
The salary for this position is £16 per hour Mon-Fri and £26 per hour Sat-Sun.
The working hours are 39 per week on shift (5 days over 7)
What will you be doing?
The successful Coachbuilder will be responsible for the following duties:
- To undertake the repair and maintenance of vehicle bodywork and to carry out routine bodywork inspections and servicing in accordance with the Central Engineering SOP's.
- To diagnose vehicle body faults and specify the correct method of repair within defined quality and cost parameters.
- To carry out collision and vandalism repairs on vehicle bodywork and structural components.
- To repair work arising from routine vehicle inspections, vehicle defect cards and annual test preparations.
- To carry out painting of minor bodywork following remedial repairs.
- To undertake fibreglass bodywork repairs.
- To record repairs for third party insurance recoveries.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent.
- Welding experience preferable.
- Must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focussing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!